I guess I'll start by doing a brief "catch-up" on what our family is up to these days. My husband Boone and I have been married for almost 10 years (can you believe it?). We've lived all over the country -- from Utah (undergrad) to Seattle (slacker year) to Cleveland (dental school) to Texas (residency) to Georgia (Army payback for dental education). We have 2 more years here in GA and then we think we'll be back to Boise for good, but who knows!
Our daughter Rylan (6) is the nicest, smartest kid on the planet.
She is also a *tad* on the dramatic side which makes no sense, since nobody in my family is dramatic. She loves kindergarten, art projects, dancing, and playing "Ballerina's Big Show". Trust me, that is a blog entry all by itself. She just won her school's kindergarten writing contest and will undoubtedly be winning a Pulitzer for The Boy and the Flower any day now...
Keaton is coming up on the big "04" and is just totally crazy all the time. He has no fears whatsoever and thinks everyone is his best friend. He has a smile that will turn you to mush and he uses it to save his little behind on a daily basis. That's him writing the word "monkey" the other day on his Magna Doodle (which he sleeps with, by the way).
He gets very focused on random things -- currently school buses and Harold the Helicopter (from Thomas) -- and begs me to search YouTube for videos of his obsession-du-jour (or du-week, du-month, etc.) We have been though generic helicopters, tornadoes, swordfish, volcanoes, the number "7", the letter "Y"...you get the idea. I'll try to do a post in the future of Keaton's greatest hits, but for now I'll just try to summarize by saying that he is teaching me how to be patient. Also, selectively deaf and blind (to facilitate the patience).
Branik is fast approaching his second birthday but we still just love him to bits. Honestly, after two kids and countless conversations with other moms, I think I can officially declare age 3 to be worse than the notorious 2. A two-year old is still young enough that most of their mistakes are really made out of curiosity and their tantrums stem from a lack of communication skills. But a three year old really wants to be defiant and could just as easily tell you what they want with words, but chooses to convey their message with screams, stomps, tears, and/or markers on the wall. But back to Branik. He's a cutie pie who is finally starting to talk and climbs like no kid I have ever seen. It's a miracle he is in one piece.
That kid can scramble onto a windowsill in the time it takes me to check my email for the 27th time since breakfast ("Hello? Real world? Are you there? Can anybody hear me???")
So that's us in a nutshell. I'll elaborate more than you want me to in later posts, but for now, welcome to my crazy life!
3 comments:
HOORAY! (as I would say to Brinlee when she finally does something). Good job... now I have one more distraction from homework and another reason for Ryan to claim I neglect other "important" things to surf blogs. Thanks for posting. Now, let's go get Tiffany...
Um, it's shocking that there are no pictures of MY kids on your blog, since they pretty much live at your house. You're not giving anybody an accurate depiction of life in the Terry household, you know...
Nicole,
I found you on Becca's blog. I just read your WHOLE blog. Good thing it's fairly new or I would have been here all night. Your writing is intoxicating!! I really enjoyed catching up on your life. Your kids are beautiful and seem like such sweet kiddos. Now where are the pictures of you and Boone? I'm still picturing you as in high school. How accurate is that?!?!?! Anyway, it was great to catch up! I'll keep checking in.
Lisa-Marie (Bigelow) Jensen
Post a Comment