Yeah, still not feelin' it. I have bloggers block I guess.Hmmm....what can I say, what can I say...
I had an embarrassingly good dinner last night at Bonefish Grill. I figure I ate about 2500 - 3000 calories over the course of 2.5 hours while surrounded by a fun group of women. There were no children present. In retrospect, maybe it didn't really happen after all?
I lost two pounds last week, but then I finally found this:

So I am calling it break even at this point. Whatever. I did two entire spin classes on Tuesday and I am not one of those people who thinks you can't have a treat every week...or every day...or pretty much whenever you really want one...or just kind of want one...or if you can see one somewhere...or if you can imagine one...
Here's a good rule for you to follow: if your body is sore from a workout you can eat whatever you want until the soreness goes away. Really! I read it once in a medical journal -- and by "medical journal" I mean "Nicole's list of made up things she wishes were true".
I am not a "diet" person. I have never done a fad diet and will never do one. My philosophy is if it is not sustainable long term, I won't even try it. You can tell how well that is working by looking at my derriere (no comments).
Wow. Somehow this has turned into a post about me and my exercise and nutrition habits. How boring is that? I'd delete it if I had something better to say and hadn't spent time uploading that photo of ice cream. Now I am too heavily invested.
How about those gas prices, eh? It's pretty sad when you think a $62 fill up is a bargain.
I already voted and you'll never guess who I picked! Yep, the socialist, radical Muslim, anti "real" America terrorist who loves to kill babies, smoke crack, and take money from plumbers to give to Ahmadinejad at their BFF coming out party (November 5th -- save the date!)
Let's see...I've talked about food. I have self-deprecated. I have made snarky political comments. Keaton hasn't pooped in/on/around anything besides the toilet in weeks, so that's out. Ooh! Ooh! A confession!
My name is Nicole. I love to read. Today, at the age of 29, I finally finished Pride and Prejudice for THE FIRST TIME. I tried to read it last year and just wasn't in the mood I guess, because I quit about 100 pages in. But this time I didn't mind the first part at all, and when I got to the new material, I was hooked. So, to the rest of the world who read it forever ago:
Good book! I liked it a lot and now I won't feel like such an ignorant loser when everybody references Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy! Seriously, this has been a huge embarrassment to me for years, and I am glad to finally throw that weight from my shoulders.
And now it seems I am back to weight, and trying to figure out a way to make fun of Palin and how she can't name a newspaper she reads (but claims to be ready to lead the country -- snort!) but I am coming up short, which means I need to quit and go to bed.
Poor Boone. He has been asking about a new post for a week, and when he reads this, he will probably pat me on the head and say, "Yeah...probably should have just deleted it -- ice cream picture and all..."
6 comments:
I've been starving for a Nicole post! Yay! I've also had bloggers-block and it may or may not have been related to the fact that I was reading the Mr. Darcy trilogy at the same time you were reading P&P. Coincidence? I think not.
And who knew we had the same dietician?
Off to go find that delicious ice cream...
I love a good snide remark about Palin! Why do people like her? I too have not read P&P and have felt left out of every woman's book reading conversation. For some reason or another I haven't crossed that off my list yet. I like your diet, sounds like mine. If you even think of a treat you deserve one!! What more is there to know about nutrition? Thanks for your emails!
So. Totally. Worth. It!
Every word. Every snort. Every pount.
You should see what I think I deserve to eat after walking my a$$ off (not so much). Sigh.
I am totally going to have read P&P, now that you read it and left me as the only remaining ignorant loser. Thanks for that. And just when I was just getting into Grapes of Wrath...
Also too, I did get your comment befor I left on Thursday. THANK YOU, my friend!
I'm so glad you finished the book. And liked it too! It really is one of my favorites - a perennial read. Now you need to make it through the movies. I think that there are probably 6 versions to choose from! We miss you guys!
Correction, Emma. There is only ONE to choose from. The others are sad, sad caricatures. There's even a MORMON Pride and Prejudice. And a BOLLYWOOD "Bride and Prejudice." Nice.
I'd like to point out that the word verification for this comment is "Parin" which is suspiciously close to Palin...Maybe she wrote it but forgot how to spell her name?
I love when my word verifications are close to actual words. But I highly doubt they let Palin close to any device where she might accidentally broadcast her unscripted opinions to the world.
Oh yeah, I forgot, she is "going rogue".
I could try to write something funny, but I can just pull a Tina Fey and quote her verbatim.
(This is after she was told to quit talking about the wardrobe thing -- yesterday or Saturday I think)
"I am glad, though, that she brought up accessories also. Let me tell you a little bit about a couple of accessories, didn't think that we would be talking about it, but my earrings — I see a Native Americans for Palin poster! These are beaded earrings from Todd's mom who is a Yupik Eskimo up in Alaska, Native American, Native Alaskan."
Brilliant.
Post a Comment