Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Adios, 2008!

I can't believe I have let it get this bad. I have waited so long to post anything that it's too intimidating to think about reporting in detail on Christmas or the last couple of weeks in general, so I'll just give a brief summary:

Keaton is alive. We got a new TV. It looks pretty much like the "old" one, except it cost about 1/3 of what the original cost. Gotta love technology. Life goes on.

We had a nice Christmas with my sister and her family. They drove all the way from Erie, PA to hang with us, which of course proves how awesome we are. Maybe I'll post pictures, or maybe I won't (if I am already giving myself an out, I probably won't).

I got a beautiful new niece as a late Christmas present. I was sure she would be a nephew, but I'll forgive her for making a liar out of me because she is so cute.

Boone just retrieved a bag of rice cakes from my hand with his left foot. Gross/cool.

I am training for a half marathon with my awesome friend Sarah. She's like 4'3" or something, but that chick is tough and keeps me on my toes. And then I REALLY tower over her:)

Moon Sand is of the devil. Ask me how I know (hint: it rhymes with "it takes 45 minutes to clean up after a 30 minute play session and sticks to more than just itself").

It is difficult to explain to a 2 year old what "We got a new DVR and we don't have 'Fetch with Ruff Ruffman' anymore" means. Why I have a 2 year old who cares about that is beyond me. The show is on PBS, geared for 3rd and 4th graders, and is mostly science experiment based. Whatever.

So yeah. That's about it. I'll try to return to regular posting now that I've gotten back on the horse. Happy New Year that I forgot about until around lunchtime today.

P.S. Is it just me, or does anyone else think it is beyond cruel to keep putting Dick Clark on TV for the countdown? Maybe he wants to do it, but come on -- enough is enough. It's painful to watch.

2 comments:

Emi said...

Happy New Year (I guess, it's only 8 o'clock here). And that is an affirmative on the Dick Clark assessment.

Anna@Exasperation said...

Dude. Fetch is just a good show. I think Cam wants to be on it sometime.

Thanks for being the one to break the blogger silence from the UMC these days. I swear I'm going to post sometime this week. Seriously.

p.s. I'm thinking I may start using some of these "Word Verification" words in sentences someday. Or maybe I'll make a game out of it. Like, you can't post a comment on my blog unless you provide a definition for the Word Verification word also too.
I'll start.
Ponsmet: A compound of pond scum and cement. Used most often as an adhesive in the construction of beaver dams.