Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'm gonna kill him

You know that middle child I mentioned in the last post? Well, he just threw a train at our LCD TV screen and broke it. And it wasn't paid off yet. And the replacement part is $1400. And we just gave away our other TV ON SATURDAY.

I'm FUMING.

12 comments:

Courtney said...

Just two things:

1. antique cool lock box thingy at Grandpa's house= irreplaceable. TV=costly, but replaceable.

2. I remember the feeling...coming into see brinlee scribbling with a BALLPOINT pen all over my MAC HD CINEMA display. Not a fun feeling.

Hopefully a new TV falls from Santa's sled or something....

P.S. my word verification is appledef. WTF?

Emi said...

whoa....
mine is Mistless....hehe

Brandi said...

No, no. Just think back to Sunday. It's not broken. There are just some parts of the TV that you're holding onto and cherishing that just don't fit right now. :)

I have a 10 year old 20 inch set you're welcome to have.

I also have some Tylenol with codeine let over if that would be better.

Nicole said...

Brandi -- How about we pretend I am one of your kids going on a long flight? THAT'S the kind of hook up I need:)

And Court: G'pa's box was paid off already, and I was not being careless -- the stupid thing was like 100 years old and I sneezed near it and it broke. If I had hurled it at the TV for poops and giggles you might have a point.

Let's also remember that Keaton has now taken his total number of cracked LCD screens to 3 in the last 12 months. That's right. 3. Two laptops and now a TV. And he just doesn't get it.

I can't even discipline him for it, because he honestly can't connect the dots from, "I threw a toy at the TV, the toy broke the TV, now the TV doesn't work." He's 4 years old, and he doesn't know what he did. That doesn't ease the stress at all.

Emma said...

I am so, so, so, sorry. So sorry. Was this a new TV? Or was this the one you had while we were there? Why do these things always happen at Christmas time? I really am really, really sorry. I can't say it enough....

Sara K. said...

Ah there's a post topic - kids who break your stuff. I used to think one could have children AND have nice things. Oh how foolish of me. I have decided I am raising animals, wild tasmanian devil like animals.

I have some Tylenol with codeine, also too, left over from Gaby's surgery.

Nicole said...

Emma,

It was the one we had while you were here, but we bought it when we moved into this house, so it was just 2 years old.

And just so people don't think we're financial idiots, when we bought it they were offering 3 years interest free financing at Best Buy, so we thought with mountains of student loans (some of which have not-so-pretty interest rates) we would be smart to make higher payments to debts actually accruing interest and then pay off the TV with this year's tax return.

That was the plan, and still is the plan -- to pay it off in February -- but now we get to clear that debt on a TV that is broken.

Yippee!

Deb said...

I wish I had a poster of John McCain to send you. Nude. I know that would make you feel better.

Man that stinks. All of it. :-(

Anna@Exasperation said...

Holy crap. I have no words. Keaton is so lucky you're his mom. If it was Cameron/Miles I'd be posting their eugoogoly (you know, from Zoolander...).

Cilka said...

That..sucks...huge. Sorry. Just keep reminding yourself of all the cute things he does. :) His smile lets him get away with murder!

Ellen said...

Dang, dang, dang.
I left a message on your last post, in case you stopped checking. Yes, I'm behind.

Dawn said...

Same sort of thing happened to us a few weeks ago. Only it wasn't Thomas the train...it was an accident....but still = broken TV! Now we are using an oldie TV someone gave us. We can't plug in our DVD player or our Wii. Oh well at least we have Dish to keep us company. I can't bring myself to buy a new one.