Monday, April 12, 2010

You know what would be cool? If we knew where Boone was going to work in 6 weeks. Or maybe if we knew where we would live when we leave Georgia. Or maybe even if we could sign someone to a lease for this house so we don't have 2 mortgages to pay in 6 weeks when Boone is unemployed.

Yeah, any of those things would be cool.

But as of this morning, we still don't have a practice (we withdrew our offer on the first one after uncovering some "issues"). And since we don't have a work location nailed down, we don't know where to live. Or what we can afford.

And we have shown the house once to prospective tenants, and have 2 more appointments set for next week, but certainly no lease yet.

Oh, and did I mention that we are moving ourselves instead of having the army do it? We are. Because we are crazy. Also, broke -- and unable to turn our backs on several thousand dollars by doing the work ourselves.

So.

I am packing, and painting, and de-cluttering, and advertising our home, and weeding and mowing and Craigslisting junk we don't want anymore, preparing for Branik's birthday and scanning legal documents for Boone's second attempt at a practice purchase, and window shopping online for a rental house in the greater Denver area (but nothing specific because of that whole "no job" thing), and occasionally making it to the gym or out for a run so I don't go totally crazy and turn into Psycho Mommy.

Which is why I don't have time to blog:)

12 comments:

Sara K. said...

Oy vey! That is a whole mess of woe. It will all work out, though it's probably a good thing you don't drink. I wouldn't recommend starting now.

Life is all about work and it sounds like you are going full steam ahead doing all you can do. As soon as one thing falls into place the rest will also too.

Iowa is between Georgia and Colorado (in a round about kind of way). So, if there is no job and no house, your clan is welcome here. Word on the street is that Bed and her family will be visiting during the summer...

Oh and my slogan (not so much a name for the practice) is "Terry is so very."

Sylwia said...

i'm so sorry. that sounds rough and similar in some way to what i'm going through. we are unable to find housing in the area where the army is moving us.

i've been murmuring for two weeks. horrible mururing. telling the Lord, i'd rather die than deal with this. very Israelite of me.

then i decided to repent and pray and to have faith. it's working out better for me know. hence, my testimony that the Lord keeps his promises and is bound when we do what He says. Now i'm mainly concentrating on doing what He says, which includes a lot of pondering and repentance.

and I am still doing my part looking for housing, but i don't feel worried anymore....

Jay and Sherrie said...

That is craziness. Wish we were there to help out. Let us know if we can do anything for you...you know, long distance. Just let us know. :)

You guys are great.

JustMe said...

Okay - as long as you have a good excuse for not blogging, I'll let it go this time.

************************
I hate quoting cliches, but honestly, "this too shall pass".

Nicole said...

Sallie, you managed to utter what is probably my least favorite saying of all time:) But since you are forgiving my blogging absence...

I should mention that I am not freaking out (yet) over here. I probably should be, but I have a strange calm about all of it. I AM anxious to have at least one piece of the puzzle fall into place because it would be nice to have one mental burden alleviated, but I do feel like things will work out.

On a more upbeat note, Boone only has 7 more days of work in the army! He will have the entire month of May off, which was a big factor in our decision to move ourselves. He has really appreciated the opportunities the military has afforded him, but is ready to be his own boss.

So that's exciting. We'll see how well we adjust to spending all of our time together from April 23 until June 15. You may get a blog or two about that;)

JustMe said...

YES!!! I love, love, love it when I get to be #1.

*************
"Good things come to those who wait"

Anna@Exasperation said...

"this too shall pass" is also too my favorite quote to hate.
Seriously. I hate it when people say that.
A lot.
Even if it's friggin' true. That's probably why it bugs me so much.
How about we make a new quote? "Life sucks, then you die. If you were good at least it won't continue sucking. If you were bad...well...that was stupid."
It's just the right mix of optimism and perkiness that I happen to like it a quote.
It sounds like you're in the "Life sucks" part. Sorry:(

Deb said...

Holy crap. And I can't believe you're not freaking out, which is even more holier crapier.

I just had a discussion with my mentor (old boss) about my very strong aversion to change, and you are demonstrating my point exactly. Except you're handling it remarkably, and I'd be smoking crack.

Thank goodness for your non-gimpy leg.

Nicole said...

Anna,

Your new quote is now my mantra;)

And Deb: I hereby withdraw my non-freaking-out-ness (at least temporarily) because the stinky army took Boone away from me on Sunday (found out Thursday night he was going). On Sunday I was told he would be home Tuesday night. Then on Monday I was told it would be Wednesday. Then yesterday I got a "maybe Thursday (Branik's birthday!)", so now I have also too been single parenting without a chance to mentally prepare for it beforehand and without a deadline for it to end.

So until Boonie gets back, I am reserving the right to freak out.

Trust me when I say the only thing remarkable around here is the amount of frosting I ate today. After painting our office this morning, I baked 24 funfetti cupcakes for preschool, a 9x13 cake (to be "Mario-fied" tomorrow), and a homemade carrot cake with homemade cream cheese frosting.

Yet another reason my healed leg is so vitally important! Otherwise I'd be the fat sister again at my baby sister's wedding in 7 weeks;)

Amen.

Betty said...

Love you!

Chrystapooh said...

Oh but the carrot cake was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo
good!

always loven life said...

Nicole that stinks. Sorry to hear the 1st choice had "issues"( you will have to fill me in)
I hate "issues", but I'm glad you are looking for something else where ever that something else is!! Good luck! If it makes you feel better we don't have a house yet either. things will work out. I promise. I know it sucks...you know I do! Call me if you need to vent I would love to hear from you! There is also a great place called Las Vegas that you can come and chill for a few days when you are sick of family. We have room, hiking and great hills to run:)