Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Remember How I Used to Post Stuff?


Isn't that a lovely picture to have for this post? This was from a storm the other day. Wicked cool looking and didn't kill us! Win!

Anyway, where did I come up with that much time before? Because no matter what I do I can't seem to find time to get on here anymore and write anything even remotely worth reading. Someday I hope to upload tons of pictures and find witty things to say again, but in the meantime I suppose lame tidbits that prove I am at least still alive will have to do.

So:

  • I'm alive
  • We still love Colorado. Don't believe me? Look down...

  • My kids need to go back to school
  • Rylan has the nastiest bruise of all time on her leg from a fall from "her" horse (ooohh! I could post that video!)
  • Keaton won't stop begging me for a tarantula.
  • We took our kids to Disneyland in May for the very first time. They lurved it. Someday I should upload all the pictures and write about the trip (not for you, for more proof that Boone and I are good parents when our kids start telling us otherwise).
  • Branik is still a technophile and has decided that nothing in the world is as fantastic as helping me play Words with Friends (essentially Scrabble for your phone).
  • Boone is rocking the house at work, loves his staff, and is THRILLED with post-army life.
  • I'm alive (if I just keep telling myself that I may in fact make it to August).

So it's no secret that I'm a big "list" person. I mean seriously, look up. I blog lists. I love lists. I need lists to feel valuable. I write things on lists after I've done them just do I can cross them off the list and prove to myself that I am actually accomplishing things and not merely repeating tasks day after day after day.

Anyway, Sunday when it became apparent to me that I would not be getting anything out of church (again) because of my middle child (again), I decided that some good old list making was in order. So I wrote down everything Keaton said to me during sacrament meeting. Here is that list:

  • Are we ever going to be done at church (meaning done FOREVER)?
  • Is a spider cage called a "ter-i-um"?
  • A crab isn't an arachnid.
  • Is a horseshoe crab an arachnid?
  • Branik, do you want a tarantula too?
  • Branik wants a tarantula.
  • When I have my pet tarantula I'll come home from school and sprinkle food in the terrarium.
  • I just WANT a tarantula!
  • Mrs. Wainwright loves those blue butterflies with eyes on their backs. One landed on her coat.
  • Don't touch me! I can only think about Jesus when you stop talking to me and let me go!
  • Why would you keep a spider in a net? It would just walk out.
  • Is a terrarium the only house for a spider?
  • The middle of this book has green pages.
  • I love the "collecting" section.
  • It's almost 2:00!
  • Margi! (Bishop's wife -- sitting next to Keaton in our pew) Move your bag so I can lay down!
  • I think I feel my bone right there in my mouth.
  • Is Rob really going to get a pet black widow?
  • Is there a road from North America to South America?
  • I'm going to outer space in a rocket...never mind.
  • Look! All these are widows!
  • (Wailing) I bit my tongue just now!
So yeah. That was uplifting.

Wanna see Rylan jump a horse? And then fall off?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjv_LS6fDBY

Ooh! Oooh! Just found this gem when I was uploading my daughter's injury! Want to also see the freaking cutest video of Keaton and his cousin when they were about 18 months old? Seriously, if this doesn't make you smile you have ice in your veins...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8B-Zau7gHE&NR=1



That's all I've got for now. I was trying to upload photos from my phone but it's taking forever and I'm too tired to wait for it and if I don't just publish this now I probably won't ever do it.

Peace out, homies.

***Like how lazy I am? I literally dragged and dropped some pictures from my email into this post without formatting or compressing anything. It worked so I'm going with it.***

***Oops. Apparently it didn't work after all. I could see them but you couldn't, or so I've been told. Problem solved, I think. Sorry about that.***

***Also, we are under contract on a new house and are moving in 3 weeks. NOT the plan, but okay. Just when I thought my life was sort of stabilizing...***

4 comments:

Emma said...

I checked your blog JUST IN CASE and yay! I love that you wrote down Keaton's comments in church. I should do that with Naomi sometime. She has more questions than I can ever possibly answer in a given day. It was so good to see pictures of your family! It will be even better to see you in person in just a few short weeks. Good luck with the move. I hope it all goes smoothly!

Jessica said...

I like you so much. And miss you. I want more details on your new house and such. Mmmmkay?

Deb said...

Yay for Anna! I saw your post when it appeared in my Reader in July and I tried and tried to comment but I couldn't get to your actual blog no matter what I did. So Anna has a new blog layout and the link from her site to here worked. Yay! But enough about me...

Holy Rylan!

Hope all is great with the move, and glad things in Denver are awesome.

Anna@Exasperation said...

I love being useful! How great is that at midnight. You're welcome, Debi B.
Rylan, that bruise is NOT okay. Why would you do that to your mother? For shame.
I love you.
I love Keaton.
I love lists.
I love when kids KNOW they're supposed to be thinking about Jesus, so much that they have to TALK AT FULL VOLUME about it all the way through sacrament.
I love Keaton. (Did I say that yet?)
Also too, Branik needs to show me how to play that game. I keep hearing about it.