Sunday, April 20, 2008

Rylan's Milestone


We are proud to announce that Miss Rylan Terry lost her first tooth today! Yep, good old tooth letter "O" has left the building, with a little help from a dentally fixated daddy and a piece of floss. She is totally thrilled and showed everyone who looked in her general direction at church today. As fantastic as this news is, Boone and I were a little alarmed at what we overheard during Rylan's conversation with her Aunt Cilka this afternoon:

"Cilka, guess what?!?!?! I LOST MY TOOTH!.....Yep!.....today before church.....my daddy yanked it out with floss but it only hurt for a second.....uh-huh!.........yeah, she is coming tonight and she brings coins, and candy, and toys to leave under your pillow......uh-huh!"

Um, excuse me? Coins and candy and toys? This is the tooth fairy we are talking about, not Santa! When I was a kid I got a quarter, and even when you account for inflation that should be 50 cents, tops. Maybe I am just way out of touch, but I think having a mountain of prizes under the pillow 20 times in the next few years seems a little excessive. So listen up Tooth Fairy: we like our standards and expectations low around here, and we don't need you to mess with our system. Consider yourself warned.

In other news, it's still good to be a kid, when the most important thing on your agenda involves finding caterpillars in your backyard after dinner...


...sharing them with your unusually-gentle-to-animals brother...



...and playing on the one thing that is legal to climb on at your address (not that you stay off the "illegals" anyway)...


And this isn't really "news" to anyone, but just a better illustration of how totally INFATUATED Branik is with Thomas and company. This is all day, every day, all over the house.



P.S. Did I mention my kids are adorable? They are (at least for tonight).

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Rylan is certainly NOT old enough to be losing teeth... oh my goodness! Where are your kids g(r)oing? They are getting so freaking big. And that picture of Keaton putting the catepillar down has got to be one of the cutest things-- I hope you guys drop a 20 under her pillow-- the girl has high expectations. :)

Betty said...

Congratulations to Rylan! A big step for any little girl!

Bastianclan said...

Rylan Congrats on your first tooth. That is soooo cool!!!
Nicole,
You crack me up. I think I need to give our Tooth Fairy a lesson too. Kayden though he got $5.00 Yeah I was like ummm I don't think so... He got $1.00 in quarters. LOL oh boy!!!
Tell my Keaton I said hi. Check out my blog too!!!
Tina

Nana and Big Poppy said...

Those are three of the cutest kids in the world, and that is a totally unbiased opinion shared by scores of people. Ray and I laugh out loud at the pictures and at your creative description of your family life, Nicole.