Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Beach!

So we went to Myrtle Beach last weekend and met up with some of our best friends from our Ohio days. We had such a blast with them -- that is, until I got food poisoning on the last night. But what can you do, right? The silver lining to that story is that although I ate like a total cow all week, I came home nearly 3 pounds lighter than I left! Yippee!

We wondered if maybe we had completely lost our minds when we planned to have 6 adults and 10 kids staying in one suite together, but it really worked out well and we all still like each other. Well, at least we still like the families we were with -- I guess we shouldn't assume that the feeling is mutual.

Anyway, here are some pictures for anyone who cares...

This was just before our first trip to the indoor water park at the resort -- awesome place to stay with little kids, especially if you want "non-sun" water options.

Boone and his boys in the Lazy River -- Branik really enjoyed this, you just can't tell by the look on his face this particular moment.

We headed outside too, and I was able to capture the craziness of our group in one shot...

That's every kid in chronological order and 5 of the 6 adults (notice how I managed to keep myself in a bathing suit off the blog:) You'll notice Jessica (out of the water on the left) struggling to keep Branik from hurling himself into the pool like this...

This kid had no fear and did this over and over and over and over again until Boone and I had aching arms from lifting a sopping wet 2 year old out of the water repeatedly. I wish I had a picture of his face while he was doing this -- he looked high (but happy!).

Here we are at Joe's Crab Shack -- I'm happy because we are eating...again...okay, still. Some guy was walking around making balloon animals and swords for customers and he practically drooled all over us when he saw a table with 10 kids. It kept them entertained for a good half hour, so it was totally worth the $20 tip (especially because I didn't pay it!)

We also went to the aquarium and the kids got to hold horseshoe crabs which was cool...


...Branik really loved this shark and ray exhibit and sat totally fascinated for a long time. It WAS pretty relaxing and they had all this groovy mood music on so we all just kind of chilled out.

But the majority of our time was spent at the beach, digging in the sand, body surfing, and generally wasting time and loving it...


Good friends, good food, good beach -- we think we'll do this again next year, except maybe without the throwing up at the end next time. We love you Spittles and Wests!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

IS that Hannah with Rylan? Good gravy-- I guess its been what, 6 years or whatever, but geesh. That really truly looks like fun and I think my favorite picture is Branik hurling himself into the water. You know what you should've done? Taken OFF the floating device. That would teach him. Or drown him.

Nicole said...

Good suggestions there, Court. You are for sure ready to be a parent of two...

And yes, that is Hannah, and that was our reaction too. Time flies when you are raising your own family in another part of the country!

Jeb and Becca said...

Hey, that was supposed to be our family meeting your family somewhere fun! We really screwed that one up. I can't wait for you to be out west again. There are some great benefits being in the east though...Myrtle Beach is one of them! You guys all look great and I can't believe how grown your kids are getting.
I hope you are doing well, Becca

Nicole said...

Becca,

I'm not going to try to make you feel better about that one -- it IS 100% your fault that we didn't meet up at the beach! We are excited to get back out west too, but are enjoying the east coast beaches as much as possible -- they are WAY better than CA beaches! When we get back, we'll totally meet up at Sandy Point beach just like old times:)

Jonathan and Rachel said...

So glad you're feeling better! I'm so glad you guys had a ball ... even if it was tight quarters :) Have fun with your coming up vacations!! We will sure miss ya :)