
I love him. I don't understand how anyone could not love him. And I will never shut up about shaking his hand in December in South Carolina. Ever. Till I die. My last words will be, "Did you know I shook Barack Obama's hand before he was president?"
Because I really did.
10 comments:
His speach was pretty amazing. He definitely has a way with words and a delivery that makes you believe or want to believe in him. I am still on the fence. McCain's VP choice was interesting and very calculative. I am looking forward to the debates. Love to see those candidates go at each other under pressure. Politics are so funny.
okay I know I misspelled speech! Hope you know I did get my edumacation! :)
I'd ask you if Boone knows that you're committing adultery in your heart, but we've already established that he is, too...
;P
I said I love him, not that I am IN LOVE with him. Geesh. Some people should get their minds out of the gutter (Chrysta).
And Boone says, "You know what I am calling you right now..."
;P at you too.
I love him, too. And as the only Democrat in all of Lebanon County, that's saying something. So next time when that voter-maid Harriet throws my blue Dem-identifier at me, I'm going to shout, "I BLOGSTALK SOMEONE WHO SHOOK BARACK'S HAND BEFORE HE WAS PRESIDENT! So there."
But I in the interest of full disclosure, I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed Sarah Palin's acceptance speech. I may not be so fond of her political views, but I can't help myself but to like her. Gah.
About your groceries, are you buying lipgloss?
And you have the best poop stories. Ever.
you'll be right there with the guy that shook Dukakis' hand, ha! (not megan)
Awwww, how cute! Another puppet for Karl Rove! You must be so proud!
He's an empty suit. On the plus side, if he's elected president, he will make government "cool" again. I can hardly wait.
Like too many of our elections, this one has boiled down to chosing the lesser of 2 evils. I don't like McCain but at least he's not a puppet on a string.
I do LOVE Palin. Somebody really screwed up on her - a "normal" person in a national election. There will be hell to pay.
See, I totally disagree with you. I don't want a "normal" person in the White House. I want the smartest, most motivated person with great communication skills and the ability to think logically about the vast number if issues we face as a nation. I'll flat out say it -- I want an "elite" person doing the job.
I think I am a fine person, but I think it would be an ENORMOUS mistake to put someone like me in the most important job on earth.
I think comments like "He's an empty suit/puppet on a string" don't even mean anything. Be specific with your charges. You think someone is controlling him? Um, how about the fact that the McCain camp won't even let Palin speak or campaign on her own? How about that she locked herself in a room for two days to "work on" a speech she didn't even write and read from a teleprompter? You don't see any strings there? Nobody scripting every word that comes out of her mouth? Please.
You are entitled to your opinion that this is between the lesser of two evils -- I have certainly felt that way before -- but I strongly disagree.
I am proudly voting FOR Obama, not against McCain.
Nicole, I totally respect your right to vote for Obama. But I don't think he will prove to be America's “savior”.
It has been many, many years since we had a president that could compare to our Founding Fathers.
Politicians now are mediocre at best. If you study the history of great men such as Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, etc, you will see that there is no one in modern day politics who can begin to compare to the greatness of these men.
When I said that Sarah Palin was “normal”, I meant that she could relate to an average American family. You know - a family that has to worry about their children’s education, how to pay all of the bills with rising inflation, not to mention raising teenagers.
If you can find a politician that writes his own speeches let me know – that’s why Washington is full of speechwriters. ;-)
In any case, this is by far the most interesting election in my lifetime – and I’m older than dirt.
Post a Comment