Sunday, August 24, 2008

More Fun With Feces!

Okay. So my last post about Keaton's poop has prompted a few of you to email/call me with a request that I put in writing what has come to be known as "The Dumptruck Incident". I'm a people pleaser, so here you go...

Once upon a time, there was a 3 year old boy who LOVED volcanoes. He talked about them all the time, drew them on his Magna Doodle, and sculpted them out of play dough whenever he got the chance. He turned strawberries upside down to look like volcanoes, watched YouTube videos of eruptions, and even had a volcano birthday cake when he turned 3. The boy was particularly fond of an episode of Dora the Explorer where young heroine Dora leads an expedition through "the muddy mud pit", over the bridge, and to the volcano.

The little boy's mommy loved him and his siblings very much, but one day she thought she might throw herself in front of a bus if she didn't leave the house alone and have a few hours of priceless silence. The boy's daddy knew this about the mommy, and because he loved the mommy and the children very much, he sent the mommy to Target.

The wise daddy and the children waved goodbye to the mommy as the car screeched out of the driveway, and when she disappeared they went inside to eat lunch. Afterwards, the daddy put the 3 year old and his little brother down for their naps and got on the treadmill to exercise. Silly daddy!

About 45 minutes later, the daddy got off the treadmill and headed out towards the living room. He paused, however, in the hallway when he noticed a particular odor coming from the last bedroom on the left. As he approached the door the stench got stronger, and the daddy was sore afraid.

The daddy mustered all of his courage and opened the 3 year old's door and beheld a scene that was beyond anything he had ever witnessed.

There was the boy, wide awake and gleefully running around his room -- naked from the waist down -- pushing his dumptruck in front of him instead of taking his much needed nap.



"That's not so bad," you say?

*** Did I mention the part where he had poop smeared all down both legs from yanking his nasty Pull Up off? No? How about the part where he had removed a shelf from his little bookshelf, used it as a platform to hold the contents of his Pull Up, "shaped" said contents into a volcano/muddy mud pit (we still aren't totally sure which it was), and wiped his poopy hands on his shirt and his HAIR to clean them off? Did I tell you that part?

How about the part where he had driven his dumptruck through the "muddy mud pit" over and over and over again grinding tire tracks of poo all over his bedroom carpet? ALL. OVER.

Or the part where the poop was all stuck in the tire treads on the dumptruck, so that the daddy had to blast it off with a hose which caused the wheels to spin which sent stuff flying in a manner we like to call the "Sprinkler O' Poo"? Did I tell you all of that?

Good. Back to our story. ***

The little boy's daddy was not happy, and found himself uttering a question the little boy got asked several times a week while he was potty training:

"Keaton Blake! WHERE DOES OUR POOP GO?"

To which the little boy quickly replied, "On the yellow truck, Dad!"

So the boy went into the shower, and the truck stayed outside, and the daddy called the mommy and said in an eerily calm voice, "Where are you?"

"Just leaving Target. And yes, we can still pay the mortgage. At least part of it."

And the daddy said, "Can you please stop and get carpet cleaner?"

And the mommy said, "We have some. It's above the washing machine in the laundry room."

And the daddy said, "I used that. We need more."

And the mommy was frightened and said, "What happened?"

And the daddy said, "Just get the cleaner and come home."

So the mommy spent more money on materials for cleaning floors and returned home and beheld the magnitude of the nastiness that she had avoided by going to Target.

And the mommy smiled.

THE END

(Except for 6 days later when the little boy did it again in the living room -- this time running back into his bedroom to retrieve a different vehicle (you know, on PURPOSE, instead of out of convenience) -- while the mommy was away. The fact that I was gone both times this blessed event occured has assured me that divine intervention is a very real thing.)


10 comments:

Courtney said...

I didn't realize the story could be better the second time around. Or third/fourth/fifth/however many times.. but alas, it just keeps getting funnier and funnier and if I wake my child up who is down the hall asleep because I can't stifle my laughter, you'll be in trouble for making me giggle... I think your treadmill might be the root of all Keaton-evil in your house, eh?

Oh man... I hope you have a better start to your week this week... love you.

Cilka said...

Gotta love those poop stories!!! As much as I love to hear of the fecal fun in your house, lets see some pictures!!!! Preferably without poop in them! :)

Jessica said...

I have now heard the funniest thing I have ever heard. I can die happy right now. You just got bumped up to THE funniest person I know instead of top 3. Seriously.

The Galan Family said...

Okay so I was almost peeing my past reading this story. Tears streaming down my face. Two poop stories in a row. I'm with Jessica, you are too funny! That Keaton is so dang cute though. He was telling me something about volcanoes just yesterday.

Eric said...

I love the story but I believe you are mistaken on one point. I believe it was a gooey geyser that Dora journeyed to, not a volcano. And the gooey geyser did look like it had poop shooting out of it, so I can't blame your son.

The Hills said...

Ban Dora, ban the treadmill and duct tape some diapers to that child:) Too funny and I'm suddenly feeling better about my one time experience with poop from a diaperless child.

Nicole said...

Eric,

As pathetic as your comment makes you out to be, I believe you may be correct on the gooey geyser now that I think about it.

In my own defense, this story is nearly a year old and my children continue to suck my brain cells out of my skull every waking minute.

BTW, I loved YOUR recent poop story on the family blog! The only thing cuter than a 3 year old getting caught with his pants down is a 29 year old getting caught with his pants down! Awwww.

You're welcome.

Debbie said...

I saw a link to your blog on Emma's blog and had to take a peek. I love your little stories! I guess we need to start Book Club up again so you can get out more often. This story makes me glad my kids are grown, your story made me laugh out loud. Although, I am hoping for some grandchildren soon. See you soon.

Stephanie said...

As always Nicole, you make me laugh! I'm with you on the divine intervention...Daddy's turn! hehe Isn't it great when they get a turn every once in a while. I have a story for you about my nephew, who used poop as his means for revenge on his older brother! It's a good one, I'll tell you next time I see you! Love your story telling!

Patrick and Leigh said...

nicole-i totally wish i could write like you-even your posts that don't include poo are hilarious. and i can totally see why it took you a good year to post this. i would have been traumatized too.