You know how if your toddler falls asleep in the car for even 10 minutes, their whole nap/bedtime is shot to Hades? Sucks, right?
Yeah, well the same thing happens to adults sometimes, only the car ride is the couch, and the snooze is for 20 minutes, and the time is 9:30 pm.
And now, here I sit. Wide awake at 1:07 am. I actually made it through the SECOND musical act on SNL. I am bored out of my skull, and already mad at how tired I will be all day tomorrow. I may as well mix up 3 or 4 Crystal Light Energy drinks now...
So if you see me tomorrow (or today, since most of you are probably normal enough to be in bed now) know that I am not having an ACTUAL seizure, just a caffeine induced one.
12 comments:
Hey Nicole - what you should have done was given me a call. I would have been up! Well, maybe not quite - by one it was only seven here. I hope you survive your day. I was also up late last night, and the night before and I just woke up from a two hour nap. The problem is that tonight I won't be able to sleep. It's an unbreakable cycle...
So how's today going for you? I didn't even know there was a second musical act on SNL.
I'll be thinking of you while I'm watching the Phillies take down the Rays again tonight, with an 8:30 EDT start time. Last night the game was over at 1:30. No church for me. :-)
Hmmm... You looked pretty normal to me today at church. Wonder what that says about us?
Emma, I SHOULD have called you, because I ended up being awake until 3 in the freaking morning! What did I do, you ask? I watched the best scenes of BBC P&P on YouTube. Really. For like 45 minutes. And you are right -- it is an unbreakable cycle, because dear Boone let me sleep until 11:00, so now I won't be anywhere close to tired until at least 1:00 again. Sigh.
Deb -- so far so good. Pink caffeine (well, and sleeping until lunchtime) is a beautiful thing! Go Phillies!
And Chrysta -- if by "normal" you mean Frumpy McFrumps-alot with her pulled back nasty hair and "oops- I-cut-by-own-bangs-to-look-like- Sarah-Palin-for-the-Halloween-party" complete with 2 massive zits and funky colored lipstick, then yeah, I guess I looked "normal".
Wait. Do I always look that ghetto? Oh crap...
You must post pics of yourself as the Fishy She Pig herself! Can't wait. Oh, and welcome back, we've missed you, though P&P is a good reason to be AWOL. Anna- I too am reading your Darcy triology (and secretly counting down the days to Twilight the movie).
Now you can get started on Emma... which is laugh-out-loud funny at some parts... or Persuasion, which is as good (if not better because its more tortuous than P&P) But first, please do yourself a favor and watch Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy. Be still, my heart... don't worry, now only mom has yet to read Jane Austen's works... can you believe that????? Shocking, I know.
Court -- you missed my earlier comment. I spent from about 2:00 am to almost 3:00 am watching the "big scenes" of P&P on YouTube. So the lake scene at Pemberly? The first proposal, and the second? And about 6 other 5 minute clips? Watched them all.
But dude, seriously, on what planet is that Jane "handsome"? Paper bag please...
I'd like to point out that there were THREE, count them, THREE musical acts on SNL on Saturday. Chase has agreed that Chris Martin is beautiful and I think we both have crushes on him. So we watched all three. I think the last one was a time filler since Amy Poehler was off having a baby that she named, "Archie Arnett." Cool.
And Sara, it's a good trilogy am I right? The second book goes off on a "Northanger Abbey" tangent, though, and that is my least favorite Austen book. But it's cool.
And what do you mean, "Secretly counting down the days?" There was a Twilight commercial on during the Today show this morning and I nearly fainted/hyperventilated. I'm SO excited. And I don't care that the only other people as excited are about 12 years-old. I'm cool with that.
Friday the 21st is the last day of school, so what a way to start off Fall/Thanksgiving Break?!?! I'm going to see it with a gaggle of 14 year olds. Squee. Wanna come?
Colie, I love that my family members are all having conversations in the comments section of YOUR blog. Are you SURE you can't abandon your in-laws at Christmas and come to Pee-Yay for a meeting of the UMC?
As for yesterday, I think you probably felt far worse than you looked, although I have to wonder what you were thinking about the bangs when just two days before, over dinner at Bonefish, you got to hear me complaining about how I so stupidly scalped myself by cutting too-short bangs. You were way too dedicated to becoming a Fishy She Pig. Never fear, though. Juanita can save you...
I love it too, because it's like listening in on your sisters' phone calls by holding down the mute button:)
No really, I do this all the time. But it IS making me want to come to Pee-Yay at Christmas, which we were sort of (very sort-of) maybe starting to consider a teensy bit, because the in-laws aren't coming out now and I do have a sister in Erie.
I think the weather and Boone's ahem "condition" at the time of the holiday will have a lot to do with our decision, but it is not totally off the table like it was before.
As for the bangs -- well -- I just knew I was already needing a haircut so I figured I could look (more) like a dork for a few days. But I will be calling Juanita this week.
And yes Anna, there were actually 3 numbers, but when I was typing we were only on #2 so I didn't know what bosom filling rapture Coldplay would be treating me to at the end of the show.
Also, too, I hearted Chris Martin even more when he ended #3 with "Barack Obama!" How Mavericky of him!
I'm an Official Sponsor of the Blanchard/Kilgore Family Christmas Extravaganza and Football Smack Down, and you're officially invited.
Also too I like sarcastic and crabby. And food. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment