Friday, October 3, 2008

UPDATED! In Case You Missed It


Alaska, maverick, reform, "NUC -U-LAR", corruption, energy, Alaska, Joe 6-pack, again, alsoalsoalsoalsoalsoalsoalsoalsoalsomaverick. The end. Also.

*Updated! Thanks to Emma for sending me this link! Whoever did this is a genius.

14 comments:

chase said...

I wanted to point out that Palin's American flag lapel pin was a lot larger than Biden's. And in the coverage I watched (on NBC) Biden's was covered up all the time with graphics. So she's obviously more American, Alaskan and patriotic also.
I just heart you.

devin said...

Nicole! I am sorry to say I am only just now checking out your blog for the first time. But given your penchant for hating on the Palin/McCain ticket, telling poop stories and potty mouth, I'll be back on a regular basis. You rock. Gobama!!

Deb said...

And also, too, she is all about energy, because you know (roll eyes, lick finger and wave it in the air), if you talk to hockey moms drinking six packs at soccer games, also again in Alaska, its all about job creation. Period. Also too, its about giving government back to the people and having nice shoes. Also though, its about calling you Joe.

Nicole said...

Deb must be Palin's speech writer, because that. was. dead. on. Except more coherent.

But WTH Deb? I thought you had hearts for Palin. Say it ain't so Deb! Also.

Chrystapooh said...

I left my rather more serious comment on Anna's blog.

Nicole said...

I'll see your serious comment and raise you an offensively long rebuttal...

Nicole said...

Just to clarify, I'm not so shallow that my issues with Palin have solely to do with her backwoodsy cheerleader "goshgolleyyoubetcha" speaking style.

That's the icing on the cake and the easiest target.

My real beef with her?

*Global warming might not be man-made (please, go read a newspaper that you can't even name).

*Dick Cheney's ideas on VP power are right on (by all means, if there is anyone the VP should be emulating, Cheney is it)

*A girl who is raped and becomes pregnant should first pay for her rape kit (this is what happens if you are raped in Wasilla) and then carry the baby full term (there is nothing funny about this).

Emma said...

The debate was finally on here last night. Ben and I lasted through about 45 minutes of it and then turned it off to watch Season 4 of The Office. (Hooray for TV on DVD!) Anyway, (or should I say also?) this was the first time I had seen Sarah Palin speak more than a couple of sentences at one time. And that is what she did - say the same 3 sentences over, and over, and over again. It's amazing how any topic can be related to energy production in Alaska. Impressive. She seems like a nice enough person, but then again, I think I'm probably a nice enough person, and I wouldn't vote for myself as vice-president either. I must say, it is very, very nice to be somewhat removed from the whole election frenzy.

Deb said...

Well, if I'm being honest, I do kind of like HER. My hair at times has looked like hers and I enjoy a good six pack every now and then. She's just one of us who was plucked from her remote life and put somewhere she is woefully unprepared to be. Prior to her Couric interview/debate, word on the Internet was that she was a good debater back in her Alaska days, so, in my infinite wisdom, I think she has just had the confidence shaken right out of her and she's trying to regurgitate the "right" things, rather than using her own brain.

That is not to say that I agree with anything she is "for," as you have so adeptly highlighted. But also too again I have friends whose political/religious views are very different from mine but I still like them. The fodder simply allows me to channel my inner Tina Fey and entertain myself, more than actually attacking her inner Sarah Palin. But I still don't want her to be our Pres.

Nicole said...

Deb, I get what you are saying loud and clear. I too also have friends and again family also who disagree with me but I still like them.

I just don't relate to Palin aside from the fact that we have both incubated humans in our bodies. After that, we are worlds apart (or at least as far from each other as the U.S. and Russia) (Oh wait...)

I'm sure Palin is a decent enough person, but if she talks in real life like she does during debates (I really, really hope that isn't the case), I don't think I could even stomach sitting with her at a soccer game. Unless she brought the 6 pack.

Yeah, I think half a dozen beers might her a little more appealing to me.

Deb said...

Also I like to wear a lot of blush.

Love the flow chart, again.

Ellen said...

Very funny! Thanks for the comment on our blog. I'm sorry about the issues with your son. It's so heartbreaking. I couldn't have even imagined how much until Sonja's problems. I just want her to be able to express herself or respond to me. Hopefully we'll be able to get help quickly, although I can't get into our pediatrician until the 17th. Urgh.

You're a great writer.

Jeb and Becca said...

Love to read your stuff! It would be so much more fun to have you and Boone over for a BBQ and hear it in person. :)
Jeb and I are loving the opening act on SNL right now. Very entertaining. Maybe you should consider being a writer for a show like that!
Take care, Becca

Stephanie said...

also, i love this post. it is so mavericky. also.


my favorite part of the flow chart was the "do something really cute" bit.

i'm seriously enjoying your blog lately. even though i never comment. also.