- I am training for another half marathon on March 7 which takes up a lot of time and mental energy.
- My in-laws were just in town for a week -- which is great, but also throws things out of whack for a bit.
- Rylan turned 7 (which means I have pictures of the party, the zoo trip, the candle extinguishing, etc.)
- My best friend from our Seattle days had a brain aneurysm and died a week ago. In front of her 8 year old son. She was 31.
- Keaton is starting a new element of his IEP today that involves busing him from his preschool to a special-ed classroom 3 days a week, and I am all tangled up wondering if it is the right thing for him or not.
- Girl Scout cookies are in so they dominate good chunks of my day right now.
- The army told us on Tuesday morning, "Oh, by the way, we might be moving you this spring to a total armpit location for the last 16 months of duty -- but we don't know for sure yet, so just sit tight."
Or maybe I'll collapse on the couch and watch 30 Rock instead.
13 comments:
Thanks for the update. I'm on blogging hiatus, but don't have half the good excuses you do. And what the hey, our GS cookies don't get in until next week! I could totally eat you under the table, name your poison, Thin Mints? Samoas (known in midwest parts as Carmel DeLites)? Enjoy 30 Rock and your next box of GSC.
I vote 30 Rock. While it's difficult to live without a Nicole fix for awhile we'll all somehow manage. You betcha.
I'm so terribly sorry to hear about your friend, though. That's just awful. And I'm also sorry to hear you're being put through the army ringer. Yuck!
Good luck on the 1/2 and go get some rest (ya, right!)!
I'm so sorry about your friend, and especially feel awful for her young son. Sometimes life seems to make no sense.
Because I am OLD, I have forgotten the joys of young children and how much time it involves. Being an "empty nester" (Hate that phrase) is wonderful except for the old part.
Hang it there and much of this too shall pass. Good for you on the running, its probably the only thing that keeps you sane some days.
Still miss your blogs but will get my fix elsewhere for a while.
30 Rock sounds like a good plan, then?? I couldn't cope with half of what you do in a day!!
I vote "collapse on the couch and watch 30 rock"!
Sorry about your friend!
Skip the shower, add The Office and a whole pint of your favorite seasonal Ben & Jerrys (you'll burn it off the next time you tie on your sneaks), and then lay on the couch until you wake up the next morning with the imprint of the remote on your cheek. Everyone will survive. They may be wearing the same outfit to school tomorrow as they did today, but 1) no one will noticer and b) it doesn't really matter anyway.
My heart goes out to you and your dear friend's family.
(Gah, and try not to noticer that typo either!)
P.S. My word verification is typou -- that's twice (last time it was typow). Something is out to get me.
It makes me feel better that I actually did know all that was going on, plus a few extras. I've been feeling a little out of the loop, but maybe I'm really not so much and I should quit with the paranoia already.
How did it go with Keaton today? Was he just overjoyed about the school bus???
Can I babysit Branik for you sometime next week?
You need a massage or something like it.
Chrysta - if you feel out of the loop, imagine how I feel! I haven't called because I know Nicole (yes I'm talking about you on your blog :) has phone issues, but NO MORE!!! Expect a phone call SOON Nicole! I'm so sorry life has been so crazy lately. I'm so sorry about your friend. I'm so sorry that the army is jerking you around. Dumb army. Miss you tons, and I will talk to you soon!
p.s. I vote for 30 Rock, but I doubt one episode will do it. I'd go for an entire season in one sitting. And the aforementioned Ben and Jerry's. And maybe some Girl Scout Cookies.
Hopefully the bus arrival was every bit as good as I imagine it could be. And hopefully things are on the up and up by now too.
"armpit location"
hm..
arkansas? Louisiana? can't get much more armpitty then that
To which armpit are you referring?
Post a Comment