Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Signs Your Kids Watch Too Much TV

Last night we had burgers for dinner. Part way through the meal, Branik picked up his burger, dropped it back onto his plate, and said, "New. At Hardees."

Boone and I nearly peed ourselves laughing. And then we went back to threatening our way through our evening meal like usual.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Atta boy. :)

Cilka said...

That is hilarious! What a little cutie. I miss you guys!

Emi said...

yes, but was he wearing a SNUGGIE while eating it?
(and my four year old is very concerned about the Jack in the Box drama unfolding on the commercials, he wants to send him flowers)

The Galan Family said...

So funny. Sounds like our house at dinner time. The threatening part :)

Deb said...

I just spit koolaid on my computer screen. That's too funny.

Nicole said...

Emi,

Sadly, there is no Jack in the Crack (as Boone calls it) here. I haven't seen any of the drama, but I hope Gavin can make it through without an ulcer.

Anna@Exasperation said...

Why am I always hungry after reading your blog?! Sadly we have neither Hardees or Carl's Jr. here (they're the same, right?)...

Emma said...

There are no commercial commercials here on the good old AFN - they're all army propaganda. So the messages my kids get are to re-enlist, not to commit suicide, to get their friends to enlist, that the autobahn and alcohol don't mix, that sexual assault IS A CRIME, to sponsor the USO....your tax dollars at work. It wouldn't be so bad if the commercials weren't so bad. But they show even the suicide and sexual assault commercials on the family channel during things like Beauty and the Beast. Just what every 4 year old wanna be princess should be thinking about. Yea army. On the plus side, they're never asking for cool toys they've seen on TV because they never see any....that is a bonus!

Emma said...

Oh - I nearly forgot one of my personal favorites. There's a commercial explaining why there are no commercials. Good times.