Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Branik's 3rd Birthday -- Better Late than Never!

(Insert excuses here.)


So Branik turned 3, which still doesn't really make sense to me until I think about how he behaves now versus 6 months ago. The kids in our family sort of skip the whole "terrible twos" thing and dive head first into the "I want to sell you to the gypsies threes".

Anyway, here are some photos to document Branik's passage from innocence into, well, being 3.



Trying to sneak a peek at his presents.



LOVING that we let him have a big boy paper cup (notice the drips all down the front? Branik didn't.)


Okay, now that's just plain adorable. Just photoshop the gobs of food out in your head.



My baby boy, stuffing his 3 year old face with pizza in the backyard. I have a feeling I will be able to put a series of photos like this one together in a few years.



Birthday boy and his daddy. Awww.



Making a wish. For whatever reason, all 3 of my kids opted for "regular" cakes this year. Maybe they're trying to drop subtle hints about my cake decorating skills. Fine by me -- the other cakes take 6 hours and end up not tasting as good because there is so much frosting (I don't love frosting so much. Not in gobs, anyway.)





The Leapster (thanks to Nana and Big Poppy) was really as much for the rest of the family as it was for Bran. Listening to him whine and cry about not getting to use his siblings' prompted us to put one into his hands earlier than we might have otherwise. He just wants to do everything they do.

And Mom, this one's for you. He spent (and still spends) hours on some days driving cars into and out of his Mack truck.

I think he had a fun day, and we are so happy to have our Branik in our family! We love you buddy!

P.S. Somehow Keaton is not in any of these pictures, but I swear he was there.

1 comment:

Betty said...

Thanks for the peek into Branik's big day. It's fun to see that he was having fun!