Monday, August 17, 2009

If I Thought I Was Feeling Blue BEFORE...


...it's nothing compared to how I'm feeling as of 7:00 this evening. Positively drowning in azured (totally a word) bliss.

Obama is here to save the day...by getting to work in my kitchen. He DOES know and love me! Thanks a million UMC gals! I promise to take good care of him (we're watching Jon Stewart at the moment -- it's all very "Kumbaya" in my living room).

20 comments:

Alyssa said...

Awww...so glad you like it. It really was Chrysta's doing, but we all knew right away that you'd...like...love it. Forevers and evers, fer reals.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, okay. I get it now. Cute Colie, but don't you think Boone might get a little jealous? :)

Nicole said...

Jealous? Boone is as excited as I am! Keaton takes the cake though -- he started screaming, "Mom! Mom! Can Barack Obama watch me brush my teeth?! Is he looking right at me?! Can I read him my tornado book? Mom! Do you think Barack Obama liked my book I read to him?" And then he seriously kissed his cardboard thigh goodnight and asked, "Will Barack Obama still be here when I wake up?"

And Branik? Did tricks for Barack to impress him. I think Mr. President especially enjoyed the spinning jump off the couch.

I'm so proud:)

Jessica said...

So until I read the comments, I thought it was photoshopped into your kitchen. But now I know it's even more serious- a real cardboard cutout of super Obama (even though I know that doesn't really exist). =)

Anna@Exasperation said...

So we go into this shop and by the cash register I see a big cardboard cutout of Barack and Michelle. So, obviously I had to go get my picture taken with them (Sara, can you sent me that? Bird has tried texting it to me but it's not working so I have zero evidence of the encounter!!!). We got outside and I had to tell Chrysta all about my meeting with the Pres and first lady. She responded by going wide-eyed and asking for details. Then she just stopped talking mid-sentence while staring in a trance over my shoulder at Super Barack. "Can I buy it?!" she asked. "Um, yeah, I guess so..." I responded - still not getting it. Then she explained that Nicole's life is just super, duper hard right now and there's nothing that would help her more than having her very OWN Super Barack.
It took her more effort and time than originally intended but it appears it was all worth it. Nice work, Chrysta. That's one Super Barack! Woot!
p.s. LOVE that keaton wants to brush teeth with the prez. So cool.

Deb said...

SWEET! And a superduper You're Welcome from me! :-) You'll have to bring him to the next Blondes For Obama meeting. Which reminds me, I got something for you and Anna in DC in June and I totally forgot about them. At this point I've been absolutely one-upped (uh, by myself), but I'm going to get my butt in gear and try to find the buggers. Woot Woot! Hope Sup'a 'Bama brings you some relief. (And I'm trusting you to protect him from Chrysta because we all know she's got a thing or two to say to him about health care.)

Nicole said...

That's the part that baffles me the most -- she was hiding behind him when she rang the doorbell and burst out from the side laughing and with a huge grin on her face! I've tried to put myself in her shoes and imagine delivering Glenn Beck to her front doorstep, but I'm pretty sure I would have "modified" that lovely, sensible man in some way.

I'm starting to think Chrysta is really a closet Democrat with the way she keeps spending money to donate Obama paraphernalia to someone less fortunate than herself:)

Chrystapooh said...

And you can be especially proud of me because: the reason it took so long is that the only one the store had left was the one in the window. The guy offered to sell it to me at a significant discount, but I just couldn't imagine giving you a Sup'a 'Bama (totally stealing that, Bed) whose neck was already broken. I had to go back to the lodge and scour the internet for a pristine S 'B. The girls can vouch for me 100%. Scouts' honor ;P

Nicole said...

*cough*(She didn't deny it!)*cough*

Chrystapooh said...

ummm.... yeah. I'll just refer you back to the place in my comments on the health care proposal where I called you "naive" and meant it. And I'll leave it at that. :)

I'm just a really, really, really good and tolerant friend.

Chrystapooh said...

A friend who would do pretty much anything non-illegal to cheer you up, even if it pained every fiber of my soul.

You're welcome.

Chrystapooh said...

A little too over-the-top from the lone-wolf right-leaning independent in the group?

Chrystapooh said...

I think that was the most hyphens I've ever used in one sentence.

Emi said...

freaking awesome

JustMe said...

Very awesome. Where can I get one? We need a new dartboard in our house.

Seriously - you didn't think I was going to let this one pass without comment did you? :-)

Nicole said...

Actaully, JustMe, I thought you were giving me the silent treatment over this one;)

If you need a dartboard, I'd be happy send you the 3 pack value size -- Cheney, Palin, and Glenn Beck. You'll have to be careful though:

Cheney throws the darts back at his friends, Palin comes with her own assault rifle, and Glenn Beck just flip-flops so often he's hard to pin down no matter how accurate your aim is.

Hugs and kisses:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JustMe said...

Girl - that was actually quite funny! And, you pinned down why I would rather throw darts at Obama. His hands are to busy trying to pick our pockets to throw darts back.

Saw a bible cover while shopping this weekend. It has a verse from Psalms on it and underneath it said "Prayer changes things". And then there was a picture of Obama surrounded by a Halo. What are you thoughts on that one?

Must admit I was tickled by the thought of Keaton & Obama. Speaking of which, has school gotten any better for him?

Hope you’re feeling better because you’re my favorite liberal.

Hugs & kisses to you too

Nicole said...

Thanks, I was rather amused too, especially since that snarky comment just flew out of my brain with no real effort, like I was speaking in tongues or something.

And I'll even give you a "hahaha" on your Obama comment. As for the bible cover, I think it is an instruction to all who dislike him: pray hard enough, and you too will have your eyes opened and see how angelic Obama is. What else could it mean? You know liberal Dems don't even OWN bibles to be covered;)

I need to do an update on Keaton because it's quite a story already, but he is doing better and still says he is thankful for kindergarten every time he prays, so that's good. I'll try to get to that soon.

And Caitlin? What was your comment that you deleted? You have me wondering...

Deb said...

I think she said she wanted you to do a new post because we want to know how the heck you're doing. :)