We carved...
We recycled like the liberals we are (and were thrilled when we were permitted to omit the external fuel tanks after all)...
We made last minute adjustments...
We partied hard on Friday...and again on Saturday.
We posed for the cameras...
And SOME of us stayed in character frighteningly well (while others looked on)...
We headed out into the muggy night (STILL in character -- check out the vampire down there)...
We knocked, said the magic words, and exclaimed "Yummy yum yum! I got MORE candy!" at every stop (well, maybe that was just Branik)...
And SOME of us abandoned our fleece costumes after the first house and went door to door dressed as a sweaty 3 year old boy...
The same some of us were happy to run once we were freed from our costumes...
while others just gave up when their tiny legs gave out...
We sorted and counted...
And some of us made candy trains to celebrate...

Happy Halloween from our family (and the Galans, whose Blogger is stubborn and whose patriarch needs to see his munchkins:) to yours!
13 comments:
So great to see your kiddos... and fantastic job to Boone, once again... you guys got way better candy than Brinlee did.
Such cute pictures. Thanks for posting these. You guys are the best. Thanks also for helping me carry Aves through the neighborhood. I love the picture of Andrew with Keaton looking at him. So funny. We had a great time with ya'll!
Boone, props on the shuttle! Nicole thanks for posting the pics of the kiddos. They all look really cute, except Andrew was really intense.
Freaking adorable! And looks like your weather was much better than ours.
It is still painful to me that my kids aren't in these pictures... DARNED ARMY!
Emma, it's painful for me too:(
This will cheer you up:
My favorite part of trick or treating this year was when a little boy dressed as Mickey Mouse walked up to Keaton and said, "I like your costume!"
Keaton: "Thanks! (or more accurately, "Sanks!) I like your costume!"
MM: "I'm Mickey Mouse!"
K: "I know. I'm the space shuttle Discovery."
So friendly, right? But then 2 houses later Keaton was coming back from the door as MM kid was approaching it, and said, "Hey! You already looked at me! That's enough!"
Nice, Keaton.
Honorable mention goes to Branik for stripping his costume off and "letting" me carry an armful of fleece in 75 degree weather.
AWESOME. So do you extra appreciate being able to buy costumes for B and R? I would be UP A CREEK if I had a child who insisted on specific costumes that cannot be purchased at stores. Boone is a saint. I heart the costume aisle at Walmart.
Candy train = fantastic idea. Maybe I'll make one of those this afternoon and eat my way through it:)
p.s. how is your leg? Mine has been awesome for a couple months now. So, of course, I now have an infection or possible heel spur on my foot? Luckily it only hurts to walk and feels GREAT when I'm running. Whew! Turning 30 is starting to suck.
I can't believe how tall Rylan looks! Those kiddos are too cute. I can't wait to see you guys in T-12 days!
A great look at how it was! Thanks for the post.
My Boone-o-meter is off the charts right now. That is one amazing costume. My kids aren't as lucky -- I'm wrestling Anna for the last Ninja at Walmart, poking her with plastic daggers.
Great pictures, super cute kids.
LOL - love the extra Keaton story here - next year he'll be saying "no autographs!"
Nicole,
This is Katie Weber (Steve's wife). Thanks for the comment on my blog. Its good to know there are other people out there that have struggled with the same issues that we are facing. Life has been very challenging with this son (which btw went as a sweaty 3 year old for halloween as well), and can't seem to get the exact diagnosis. He was diagnosed with ADHD and possible PDD-NOS, but the more he is seen by therapist, doctors, etc, they're leaning more towards the Autism spectrum, and wanting more evals. This is a very frustrating process, and I just want someone to tell me what it is, dang it, and let us get on with our lives.
How did you get through this with your sanity in tact, and still have time to blog about it? I barely have time for a shower :)
Nicole,
While I DO love to see your cute munchkins in costume, I will prod you the way I had to prod your sister recently..... NEW POST NEW POST! Chant with me everybody. NEW POST!
Love,
Vanessa
Post a Comment