3 minutes later, we had this:
Meet Gus, the pinkest, crayon-iest snowman you ever did see. A few minutes after Gus was born, the following conversation took place -- verbatim:
Keaton: "Dad, what is Gus missing?"
Boone: "I don't know, Keaton. What IS Gus missing?"
Keaton: "Ummm...you know, those things in the middle -- wait, what are those belly button things on the side of your bottom?"
Boone: (WTH?)
Keaton (lifting his shirt up to give us a visual cue): "THESE Dad!"
Boone: "Nipples Keaton, those are called nipples."
Keaton: "NIPPLES! That's it! Gus is missing nipples..."
I can't believe I didn't get a picture of it, but Gus received VERY pink nipples shortly thereafter.
In other news, THIS is what love looks like:
5 pounds of cinnamon bears + 1 flat rate shipping box + 1 girl living in the south where nobody has ever HEARD of cinnamon bears = euphoria.
Sisters are the best. Well, sisters and pink nippled snowmen named Gus.
11 comments:
Awesome snowman, even without the nipples.
My sister is also a huge fan of cinnamon bears, although now that she has discovered chocolate-covered cinnamon bears, she loves them even more.
Can you just imagine Owen's snowman and Keaton's snowman hanging out in the front yard? I love Gus, the pink nippled snowperson!
I guess that's one good thing about never getting snow in PeeYay anymore ... I can imagine what Chase would come up with. It might include a wackin.
Hilarious. Life lessons from Frosty and Gus, gotta love it! I was going to blog about Frosty, but Jerry thought maybe that wasn't such a good idea.
Oh for Heaven's sake, I'll do it. I have no shame. (Kidding, about doing it. It's true about the shame.)
Still laughing about your boys' creativeness.
I love Gus. I love Keaton. I love Owen. Please, Sara, blog it out!
We miss that Keaton! And I too love cinnamon bears. What's with covering them in chocolate, though. That just sounds gross, Jessica!
Though not a fan of chocolate covered ones, I can send you those too...
chocolate covered gummy bears? Those are good.
That snowman just made my day.
Know what else I love? Keaton's little squinty-eyed-ness behind Gus.
AH yes. I can't wait until Leah starts sculpting... with particular attention to making things anatomically correct. Makes a mama proud! Way to go, Keaton!
On a side note, thank you so much for all of your sweet notes and words of comfort these past couple weeks. The McQuain family completely saved us. I'm dreaming up a scheme that will bring both of our families together in the flesh... me thinks it would be quite the extravaganza. Needs to happen, I'm afraid.
I LOVE the whole Gus story! What a great tribute to life through the eyes of a sweet child!
And, just to weigh in on the cinnamon bears, the chocolate covered ones are way good.
LOVE cinnoman bears. And I love that Gus and his pink nipples! haha crack me up.
Thank you Nicole for your sweet comment on my blog. Your family has been such a comfort to us. Thank you again. :)
Post a Comment