...we liberal Democrats here in the Terry household support the GOP's proposed stimulus package over the one Obama is pushing for. Like Boone said earlier, "Half of this stuff is not creating jobs and it looks more like a spending bill than a stimulus for the economy."
I think a lot of what they want funding for is worthwhile, but we wish they would write a separate spending bill for those causes/programs that need attention and quit lumping in it with the actual stimulus part.
I just wanted to prove that I am a tried and true Purple Donkephant, and that despite my huge support for President Obama, I AM capable and willing to disagree with something that comes out of his mouth.
"More infrastructure!" we say, "and down with honey bee insurance and new sod for the Washington Mall!"
12 comments:
Oh Colie, I'm so proud of you!!!!!
Hahaha! Nicole, you're great!
How can anyone support this bill? The questions is not - are you liberal or conservative. The questions is - how stupid are you.
350 million for STDs? What is that going to stimulate? Maybe I don't want to know that answer to that question.
We all need to contact our representatives and tell them we, the people, are against this.
2 millions for grass? I would contact Michael Phelps and see if he can get it cheaper.
Chrysta really IS proud of me, people -- she even brought me sushi for lunch today to prove it!
(Note to self -- criticize Democrats when hungry...)
Nicole, I love you so much I would have brought you sushi even if you were being your usual snarky Republican-bashing self. Feel free to criticize Democrats any old time, but you have a standing order for a Spicy Shrimp Roll any time I head to Earth Fare...
(Sorry, that was me ... major typos.)
So I put the Purple Donkephant flair up. You really are purple, Nicole. (I'm pretty sure we predicted we wouldn't love all of Obama's moves... Yup, I remember saying that. Yup, and you too.)
Little Friend:
I thought you would really enjoy this picture. If you had been there, I would be able to actually see you clear enough to identify you. It is really amazing, I think you'll enjoy it.
http://gigapan.org/viewGigapanFullscreen.php?auth=033ef14483ee899496648c2b4b06233c
Thanks JustMe! That picture was really cool and makes me wish I had been there. Sigh.
nicole, your donkephant cankles are showing!!!
Nicole. I can't really add anything. At this point I just kinda want SOMETHING to get through because I feel like the situation is getting more desperate by the hour. I'm pretty sure the Big O is feeling the same way. That is why I can feel so much sympathy for him (and love, and admiration and respect). But, as the NPR reporter so smartly pointed out (and you reaffirmed), this IS starting to look like a spending bill. Rack-a-Bama is focusing a tad bit much on the "bipartisan" utopia and a little bit too little on, say, getting it right. But this does not affect my love, respect and admiration of him. And my ears are still solidly blue...
That's my girl!
Post a Comment