Boone's parents (Nana and Big Poppy) came to visit over Ry's day and we had loads of fun with them, as usual. That picture down there is my hot mother in law, with a very focused Mousketeer, apparently.
Rylan stuck with her standard birthday/Halloween theme of fairy/princess/unicorn/estrogen festival. She is happy with it so I am happy with it.
Ry wanted strawberry shortcake this year which made my job extra easy in the cake department. She had several friends over and a good time was had by all. I can't believe my little girl is 7! Because she acts like she is 13! Boone and I are so hosed when that day actually comes! Yippee!
We had her party on Saturday, but her actual birthday was 2 days later, so we celebrated again with Boone's parents by going to the zoo in Columbia.
Ry's birthday pony ride -- what more can a girl ask for?
We were also too cheap to pay for llama food when there was tons of it spilled all over the ground. I wish I had pictures of our kids scrounging in the dirt for animal feed. We're a ghetto zoo family, what can I say? They loved it though. And I loved that I keep Purell in every bag I own.
This is pretty much my favorite picture from the whole visit. I am sure Boone will kill me for posting it, but it's just too funny not to. That bird was really into the taste of his hair product and would not let up. The same stupid bird later bit me, so I like to imagine that it got alcohol poisoning from Boone's mega hold gel and died. (Because my middle name is "Revenge" -- you'd be wise to just trust me on that one).
So anyway, we had fun. I have more pictures, but I am saving them for my next post. Working title: "My kids are spazoids"
You'll agree when you see the evidence...
7 comments:
SO good to see your kids and that has to be among the greatest pictures of Boone ever... maybe its just all the brightly colored feathers of the bird, but really, it's a great picture.
That looks like a pretty cool zoo... there seems to be a lot to do for kids. Brinlee would be in heaven.
Yay!! You posted pics of the kids! :) They change so much every time I see photos of them. It really does suck that you live so far away....hopefully not for long. Looks like you had a fun visit with N and B.P. Maybe we can come for a visit soon.
Maybe it's not Ghetto -- maybe it's just Ugly... We spend a significant amount of time at Hersheypark picking corn out from the cracks in the pavement to feed the ducks. Now that I think about it, the portion of the ticket price spent picking up corn at Hersheypark likely far exceeds the quarter it would cost to actually buy the stinkin' corn. But it's the principle of paying for corn that the ducks don't even eat because they're sick of eating corn, and I like being right. My favorite is the picture with Keaton and the lorakeets, his expression is priceless (or at least I'd pay a quarter for it).
Looking forward to the Spazoids!
You are hilarious.
That's all.
Fun pictures. That one of Boone is classic.
Those lorakeets are crazy! We have some very similar pictures, only instead of having one or two birds perched on his head, Ben has seven or eight. (There was nobody at the zoo that day, and I think they were really hungry.) Rylan is looking so grown up! Ian got her letter yesterday and immediately wrote back. It is sitting in an envelope on the shelf right now. I will try and get it mailed out a.s.a.p.
In response to your previous post - I also have a really, really hard time breathing while swimming. I panic. So, I figure if I'm ever shipwrecked and forced to swim for my life, it will be the backstroke all the way to the island.
Zoo's are the best!!! Your family is sooo cute!
Post a Comment