She outed you in primary today. I was helping in her class and the lesson was the Word of Wisdom. She informed us that Boone went and bought donuts for dinner one night and you let it happen.
The kids were supposed to say Yay! for good choices and Boo! for bad choices.
You guys got an overwhelming boo.
She also cracked me up earlier in the lesson--Sis. Santiago told a story about a puppy that was sick and tired. She asked why the puppy might feel that way (hoping to get the answer that puppy had eaten something bad). Rylan said that the puppy was probably going to have a baby, because that makes people sick and tired. Sis. Santiago didn't know how to answer that one. :)
Pshh -- those kids yelled "boo" because their parents aren't cool enough to let their kids eat donuts for dinner.
That has happened exactly once, by the way, and I don't feel bad about it one bit. I have a two year old who INHALES grilled salmon and steamed asparagus, and a 7 year old who begs for pomegranates and pistachios as snacks and regularly throws the last half of her dessert away while saying, "I think my body has had enough sugar today". And I have Keaton. We're working on Keaton, and he has made huge progress in the last year.
As for the puppy/baby comment...well...I have no idea where that came from (but she's right in any case!)
She is looking so grown up all of a sudden. I hope you will capture the audio of her redneckyness for everyone to enjoy.
P.S. When Branik's package arrives, disregard the fact that there is no punctuation on the gift message. They wouldn't let me use any characters. It was very annoying.
Cilka: "Yee haw" is way more Texan than Georgian. I don't know what they say here -- something about "fixin' to" and sweet tea...
Court: Your package already arrived, and Branik probably won't mind the lack of punctuation. But I am planning on sending you a beehive for Claire's birthday now, so get ready:)
Brandi, I taught the same lesson today and it was MY kids class. I kept waiting for him to out me. Nicole, donuts are entirely appropriate for dinner. It's called Brinner. Hello! Rylan, that is one super cool tooth. I bet your dad was having fun inspecting it. Yee haw is so very Texan. I have no idea what they say in Georgia but I know Texas will be very offended if Georgia thinks it owns Yee haw. So thanks for the correction, Nicole. I promise not to tell Texas about the mix up.
Thanks,JustMe! It seemed ridiculous to me that I couldn't come up with more Georgian words/phrases, but as soon as I read what you wrote it felt right:)
12 comments:
She outed you in primary today. I was helping in her class and the lesson was the Word of Wisdom. She informed us that Boone went and bought donuts for dinner one night and you let it happen.
The kids were supposed to say Yay! for good choices and Boo! for bad choices.
You guys got an overwhelming boo.
She also cracked me up earlier in the lesson--Sis. Santiago told a story about a puppy that was sick and tired. She asked why the puppy might feel that way (hoping to get the answer that puppy had eaten something bad). Rylan said that the puppy was probably going to have a baby, because that makes people sick and tired. Sis. Santiago didn't know how to answer that one. :)
Pshh -- those kids yelled "boo" because their parents aren't cool enough to let their kids eat donuts for dinner.
That has happened exactly once, by the way, and I don't feel bad about it one bit. I have a two year old who INHALES grilled salmon and steamed asparagus, and a 7 year old who begs for pomegranates and pistachios as snacks and regularly throws the last half of her dessert away while saying, "I think my body has had enough sugar today". And I have Keaton. We're working on Keaton, and he has made huge progress in the last year.
As for the puppy/baby comment...well...I have no idea where that came from (but she's right in any case!)
Yee haw. Or something like that. Isn't that what they say in GA?
She is looking so grown up all of a sudden. I hope you will capture the audio of her redneckyness for everyone to enjoy.
P.S. When Branik's package arrives, disregard the fact that there is no punctuation on the gift message. They wouldn't let me use any characters. It was very annoying.
Cilka: "Yee haw" is way more Texan than Georgian. I don't know what they say here -- something about "fixin' to" and sweet tea...
Court: Your package already arrived, and Branik probably won't mind the lack of punctuation. But I am planning on sending you a beehive for Claire's birthday now, so get ready:)
Brandi, I taught the same lesson today and it was MY kids class. I kept waiting for him to out me.
Nicole, donuts are entirely appropriate for dinner. It's called Brinner. Hello!
Rylan, that is one super cool tooth. I bet your dad was having fun inspecting it.
Yee haw is so very Texan. I have no idea what they say in Georgia but I know Texas will be very offended if Georgia thinks it owns Yee haw. So thanks for the correction, Nicole. I promise not to tell Texas about the mix up.
What a cutie! I hope there isn't any tooth fairy drama this time around.
That's our beautiful Rylan growing up!
As a native Georgian, let me assure you - we don't say "yee haw".
We say:
Fixin to
Bless your heart
Sugar
Darlin'
Sweetie
Honey
Y'all
Rylan, sweetie, you lost your tooth! Bless your heart, you look so cute. I guess you're fixin to wait for the tooth fairy!
Thanks,JustMe! It seemed ridiculous to me that I couldn't come up with more Georgian words/phrases, but as soon as I read what you wrote it felt right:)
Um, why isn't Rylan wearing a straw hat? That seems REALLY rednecky to me...
CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST STEP TOWARDS BEING A TOOTHLESS HILLBILLY, RYLAN! You're too cute!
Lyss, Miles is a toothless hillbilly. Rylan is a toothless redneck. There's a difference :)
I'm glad for everyone's sake that there was no extra tooth drama this time around. Good grief, that girl looks so much more grown up in photos.
Post a Comment