Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My kids are cute, my kids are spazoids

Remember like a million years ago when I used to blog? And remember that one time I said I had this post nearly ready to go? Turns out I didn't feel much like blogging for a while, but now I am stuck in "no weight bearing activity land" for another few weeks so my goal is to sit on my (ever-expanding) looong fanny and get the freak caught up.

Without further ado...

MY KIDS ARE CUTE



Awww. Just look at how darling they are, walking together (way back in February) by the Savannah River. There must be all kinds of harmony in our home, right?




And what a darling daughter I have! So feminine and delicate -- carefully leaning down to smell the non-fragrant-even-though-Rylan-swears-they-smell-like-heaven flowers. What a doll!



And doesn't your heart just melt when you see these two boys being best buddies? They'll probably hate this picture in about 5 years or so, but I will post it for the world to see because I am mean like that.


Oh you silly Keaton! Look at you playing peek-a-boo through your hands! (This is starting to nauseate me and I'm the mom-- how are you holding up?)



My baby boy. So sweet, so playful, can't do anything wrong, love him to pieces!


And now, ahem...

MY KIDS ARE SPAZOIDS



Seriously? What is that face? Rylan, you need to work on your "I'm thrilled to be pigging out" look. I have mastered mine.



Sigh. How do I explain this one? Okay, so Rylan loves to dress up, and so does Keaton. The problem is that Keaton likes to dress up as a witch, and this ^ is his witch costume. At least in part. You'll see it in it's entirely below. This was dress up meets dance party. Wow.


Correction: dress up meets dance party meets gym. Nothing like a dude lifting weights in a dress.


Okay, so maybe their spazziness has a genetic link. Big thanks to Boone for this flattering shot.


No comment.



The full witch costume: lacy gray dress, princess wand, and sombrero from San Antonio. Oh, and Rylan pumping iron. This is how we wind down around here.



Also no comment.


And this isn't really spazzy, just messy in a 3 year old + tub of yogurt kind of way.

So there. Nothing major, but maybe a good start to my backlog of blogs. You MAY actually see what my children look like currently if I keep this up for about the next 12 days or so. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Anna@Exasperation said...

So, first - please explain the "no weight-bearing activities" bit.
IV.) If your kids are spazzoids with THAT behavior, then mine need to be institutionalized. But fo-rills, they be cute.
Also, too. I love your return to blogging. it makes my heart feel so good and fuzzy and whatnot. More, more, MORE!
and p.s. if you have netflix and a lot of time on your hands (as I have had of late) may I suggest
Under the Greenwood Tree
North and South
Daniel Deronda
Wives and Daughters
and yes. i totally stole that list from Miss Nem...

Nicole said...

Anna,

Re-injured/never fully healed and further aggravated stupid leg. Went back to the orthopedist last Monday and they nearly put me in a boot. Done exercising for 6 weeks. Today the pain was bad enough that I had to skip the grocery store because I could hardly stand through my shower. Sitting at computer eating Honey Nut Quakes and drinking Crystal Light to soothe my bummed out soul while simultaneously enlarging my posterior. Vicious cycle.

Anna@Exasperation said...

Bugger! (seriously, been watching too many BBC mini-series' based on Victorian novels).
I was hoping you weren't going to say that. That just straight sucks, Nicole! Terrible news! Though, Honey Nut Quakes sound delightful right about now, if I'm being honest.

Courtney said...

That does suck, and "bugger" is straight-up BBC. Love it.

Also, unless it would ruin the novelty of it, I hope you'll get professional portraits of the witch done. That's just too much. Too much!

Hilarious/Cute/Spastic children.

Also, it must be genetic for our families' children to skip terrible 2's and go straight to I-kind-of-want-to-bash-your-head-in-every-day three year olds.

Oops, did I just say that out loud?

Emma said...

I'm so impressed at your blogging prowess - it's something I really need to emulate. I love all the pictures. We miss you guys like crazy!

Betty said...

They all make me laugh! Thanks for sharing such great moments.