Rylan started taking riding lessons shortly after we got here to Colorado and she LOVES it. She has read her Horse Care for Kids reference book about 5 times, and considers herself quite the expert after a short 6 months of instruction. Anyway, she asked for a horse riding party for her birthday this year and her fantastic teacher Margi (who is a regional dressage {English riding} champion and also our bishop's wife) said she'd be happy to do one for Rylan.
Here's the crew getting some instruction before the riding...
Everyone got a chance to do a regular ride and then do some vaulting, which is basically "trick riding", and Rylan was happy to provide a demonstration.
We had gorgeous 60 degree weather the day of the party, but right around cake and present time the winds really picked up, so we had to shield the cake in the back of the car. It still tasted good.
So there you have it, Future Rylan -- your parents really love you and went out of their way for your flowery, weird breakfasty, donuty, Olive Gardeny, Bliss Cupcakey, presenty, Galan-y, spa-package-y, Paradise Bakery lunch-y, horsey, school skipping-y 9th birthday.
Now what do you have to say for yourself, young lady?
Awwww...you're welcome:)
HUGE thanks to the Galans who made this birthday so much fun for our whole family. Thanks to Sarah for flying with 2 kids to be here, and thanks to Perry for holding up the fort at home with the other kids. We love you guys!
7 comments:
So Branik shared? Bummer.
Also, your daughter is standing on a horse. I didn't even know you COULD stand on a horse, her or anyone else. Colorado stuff is very cool.
More also, glad to see you stayed true to your homemade cakery ways.
She will always remember nine.
Oh yes Deb, my homemade cake was so pathetic this year but I don't even care (except maybe a little bit).
She wanted a horse cake, and the easiest thing I could think of was 9x13 frosted green to look like a pasture (that was the IDEA, anyway) with horse figurines she already had stuck on top. Easy peasy, until the frosting was too runny to look like grass, and ended up so thick that the horses are knee deep. And my handwriting sucks and I only had red icing for the lettering.
But yeah, it was homemade. Ugly and tasty and homemade. From a cake mix:)
Interestingly, my word verification is "ingesti" as in, "I ingesti everything in my path-i, even ugly cake".
What a fun birthday party! I can't believe she is nine already. She looks absolutely adorable on top of that horse doing her tricks!
What a fun weekend! Thanks so much. I still feel like it was more for me than Rylan and Abby. I got to be the lucky chaperone and hang out with my favorite people all weekend and eat tons of good food :) The food... oh the food. Except now I'm paying for it. It was totally worth every calorie though. Thanks for everything!
What a sweet and happy post. Pretty sure that girl knows you love her - because you bought her those way cool riding breeches (did I spell that right?)
Love the post because it reminded me that so much in life is really sweet and innocent and happy.
Thanks
wow, what a memorable birthday-happy birthday, rylan! oh my gosh, she can do tricks on a horse!!!
I am jealous and want to ride a horse and kind of have your kids. You are amazing!
Post a Comment