"That was hilarious last week -- you know, that thing Keaton said to the bishop!"
This was said to Boone as he was in the hall today, and he responded with a confused look and the words, "What are you talking about?"
"What am I talking about? You mean you didn't hear what he said?"
Boone, still confused, assured him that he'd heard nothing about Keaton and asked what had happened. Our friend was all too happy to tell him...
Apparently last week Keaton was sitting in Primary (Sunday School for kids ages 3-12) listening closely to every word coming out of the bishop's mouth as he was presenting Sharing Time. In his remarks, he mentioned Sister So-and-So -- "the pianist" -- at which point Keaton yelled out,
"Bishop! She's a girl and girls don't have PENISES! They have VAGINAS!"
And our poor, poor bishop said, "No no Keaton, I said PIANIST -- a pianist is someone who plays the piano."
Keaton: "Oh. Okay. Sorry Bishop."
When Boone mentioned this to a few other ward members today, they replied, "Oh yeah. That's a good one! My wife told me all about it last week."
And just like that, I found myself even more grateful that I was on the other side of the country last Sunday:) Love that kid's face off.
10 comments:
This is hysterical. Love him. Can't wait to see you guys :)
That Keaton is TOO funny! I miss his face!
This is the best thing to happen to me today. I'm glad I checked your blog. I love him.
LOL That was awesome! In Keaton's defense that word is just plain wrong anyways! :)
Umm...I love that kid's face off, too. He makes me happy.
Keaton really does just make me smile!
Hysterical! I needed that laugh tonight~ thanks Keaton :o)
Hilarious. Keaton just saved like 20 moms and dads from having to have "the talk." I think it's time for you to write a book.
YES! Book please! And Keaton is right. Boys do have penises and girls do have vaginas. I'm glad that he is aware of the difference, because it's kind of important.
Also too, when I was in primary I once talked very boisterously about how AMAZING and WONDERFUL and AWESOME our pianist was and how I was so thankful for such a FANTASTIC pianist. On the way home my very embarrassed son informed me that I was not supposed to say bad words in primary.
I wonder how many kids went home that day and informed their moms and dads that sister rawlins really loves and appreciates penises.
It's time for everyone to just start emphasizing the short a sound in that word - like in cat. Pi-A-nist. Lengthen that a! Keaton, once again you have me laughing out loud. We miss you!
Post a Comment