My father in law sent this video to me a couple of days ago, and I sat watching with tears streaming down my face.
There is just something so powerful and moving in watching her march out onto the stage, being judged and ridiculed because of how she appears, and then hearing her voice ring out with enough power to bring everyone to their feet.
A couple of years ago, my mom showed me this similar video, and I remember all of us in the room just weeping. The emotion is so raw, and I have been struggling to find the words that adequately explain how I feel when I watch the talent pour out of these humble people. It's just pure. And inspirational. And so uplifting to watch people put aside their assumptions and embrace and recognize the beauty in another human being.
Watch it if you haven't already. Heck, watch it if you HAVE seen it already. It's worth your time.
13 comments:
I would be one of the three. Thanks for sharing. Honestly, I had no idea what to expect when clicking on the link. My sarcastic self assumed it would be a clip of the Miss Teen USA Q&A session :-)
Her audition along with Paul Potts's audition have to be among my favorite television moments ever. I wish I could see Britain's Got Talent. They produce some uncanny musicians.
I'm another one of the three.... I enjoyed that very much. I think people need to see more moments like this one (and the Paul Potts audition).
wow. just goes to show, you can't judge a book
I am the last one of the 3 I guess. That was really cool to watch.
You could tell on the first judge's face (the guy who isn't Simon) that he was humbled. That he had learned something life-changing.
Thanks for sharing that.
I heard about this on the radio this morning as I was driving Abby to school. Glad you posted this so I could actually see it. Very moving.
Apparently there were 4 of us. Loved it.
Well now I'm REALLY glad I posted it. I have watched it probably 5 times now -- I just love it. Totally uplifting, and in a tiny way restores my faith in the human family.
And it maybe also stokes my own personal dream to sing on Broadway -- if she can do it at 47, I have plenty of time;)
I love a good "under dog" story! I love this clip and was SO happy for her! I saw it a few days ago and cried. One she blew everyone away and two I'm very postpartum hormonal! I hope she wins it all!
That makes 5 of us. Is it at all coincidental that you and I seem to be learning a lot of lessons about being ultra-super-radically careful with our judgements lately? Somehow I think not.
I'm having regrets about spear-throwing comments.
P.S. Your blog was just featured on TAMN's EBFF area... so funny to have your pic pop up on her blog for all of bloggerdom to see.
I still remember sitting in the car with you the night after you saw Evita. You were so inspired you had to tell me every detail of the movie! You are so cute.:) Good times.
As I was driving home from Boise today, listening to Wicked, I thought of you and hearing you describe your time in NYC with Boone last summer and then hearing your sing along with the soundtrack. I think you absolutely could light up Broadway! And I am NOT biased!
And I also agree that it is inspiring to see the real beauty within each of us valued for its proper worth. We should do more of this for each other.
Post a Comment