Being that Boone and I are the greatest parents we know, we decided to take the kids for as much fun as we could stand. In retrospect, I'm not really sure how exposing your children to carnies and letting them eat things like fried Oreos and funnel cakes makes you a good parent, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. Here's a glimpse into how things went:
Pony ride for 3 kids...$15
30 ride tickets...$26
2 "ice cream" cones...$6
Having your 6 year old pout the whole way home while muttering under her breath "we NEVER get to do anything fun" while her brothers scream bloody murder because we didn't let them ride the "big swings" (ages 12 and over)...PRICELESS.
A few things about this last photo: we did actually share the ice cream with Branik -- he had already finished his (and been swabbed from head to toe with baby wipes) which is what allowed me to get the picture. Keaton is clearly eyeing Rylan's cone because his is also long gone. Rylan still has a mountain of food while the rest of us are done (surprise!), and what is with her goofy face? Do they teach this in Kindergarten or something? As for Boone, well, Boone hates having his picture taken. No really, I'm serious. But doesn't he have great legs?
Moving right along to the next piece of evidence that proves my mothering instincts are outstanding:
Even more awesome is that we let Branik have another one later in the day. At least I can share part of the blame with Boone on this one. The first one was all me.
That a boy, Bran! Get that nose bleeding for the third time today! Just a little further...
Trust me when I say that you are not sad that you missed his diapers the next day. And how many times have I commented on the contents of Branik's diapers on this blog? Gross. Maybe I should quit assuming that everyone is in my stage of life, where discussing your children's bowel movements in great detail is a totally acceptable thing to do. Or maybe it's not really acceptable and nobody is telling me? Hmmm...
2 comments:
Oh my gosh! Where do you come up with these things?? You had both my husband and I laughing so hard! You are so creative!
I totally agree with you about the icing and it's also nice to know that your kids do the same thing after they just get done doing something fun. I've heard that line "we never do anything fun" so many times from Karlee it's scary!
Have a good one!
Stephanie
Talking about your kids poop is totally acceptable. Who isn't in our stage of life really? Are there really people out there who live their own lives and do whatever they want all day without having to wipe someone else's bum?
Post a Comment