Friday, May 9, 2008

Two things...

Can I just say that it drives me completely NUTSO when people describe a total change by saying "I did a 360" or "I'm 360 degrees from where I used to be". That's a full circle people! You are describing yourself coming right back to where you started! If you want to say you are doing things in the opposite way that you used to, the correct use of that idea would be to say you "did a 180" or are "180 degrees from where you used to be".

The other phrase that makes me cringe is when someone says, "I could care less..." Let's stop and think. That means you care "some", or you wouldn't be able to care less. What people REALLY mean when they use the phrase is "I COULDN'T care less..." (because that means you care ZERO).

Aaaggghhhh. What a grouch I am, huh? Sometimes I just gotta vent on the blog, but I do want to clarify that these chastisements are not for anyone who reads my blog, because if you are smart enough to do that then you are smart enough not to make these mistakes in the first place:) I don't make friends with stupid people!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I have complained about these same things. The more I read your blog, the more I like you!

Zachariah Parry said...

One thing that really bugs me is when people put periods and commas outside quotation marks.

Seems like everyone makes dumb mistakes now and then.

Jacob Parry said...

It bugs me when people remind me all the time that I had to go to Chapter one when I was in first grade. Their like: "What are you stupid or something"?,. And I'm like: "No, I'm 360 degrees from where I came from". Ugh.

Stephanie said...

You totally crack me up Nicole! I love to check your blog just to see what funny thing you post next!