Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What the hail?

I know it's been a while since I posted, and I have no excuse. I just didn't post, okay?

ANYWAY...we had the biggest hail storm I have ever seen this afternoon -- like I seriously worried that I might have some broken windows. It just doesn't storm like this out west.

Check this action out!



Here are a few more pics to further illustrate the craziness -- this pretty much trashed our flower beds and knocked our mailbox open, but what can you do?

The thing that is so weird about storms out here is that they appear out of nowhere, go totally ballistic for a few minutes, and then disappear as fast as they came on. 15 minutes after this all started we had blue skies again. I think this is as close to snow as we will see in Georgia, and I had quite the time keeping the boys inside while this was going on. Good times...

I actually have a few things to blab -- I mean blog -- about, so stay tuned...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're so lucky! Our hail was only marble sized. Hmmm.... maybe that's a good thing. It's an amazing thing to watch happening, though.