Saturday, May 10, 2008

Why Mommyhood is Fun (yes, I said fun!)

Well, it must be your lucky day. Boone is still busy and I am all caught up on the DVR, so I guess I'll post again!


Rylan made this in school (note my flexibility!) and I just have to say how much I love my girl for drawing me as a stick figure and then describing me this way:


Man, is that kid gunning for some Polly Pockets or what! Don't ask me what finger sandwiches are, and for the record, I know nothing about dinosaurs. And while The Incredibles is just fine as far as Pixar movies go, my favorite show is The Office. But the part with my weight is totally accurate.

More about Ry. She LOVES to cook and will help out in the kitchen any way we (okay, Boone) will let her. So you can imagine her joy when her dad asked her to make Jello 100% by herself today! He walked her through it step by step but didn't help at all. I somehow missed taking pictures of the first part, but this was her serving us our portions...

I must say it was the best grape Jello I have ever ingested. It may be the only grape Jello I have ever ingested, but still, it was delish.

In other "man, our kids are getting big" news, Keaton got his first big boy bike today! He is already very comfortable on the bike, but has absolutely no interest in stopping so he refuses to brake. This could be problematic later on.

You'll be stunned to learn that he picked a Thomas helmet and pads (he put the pads on after this shot - calm down Nana!) and cruised up and down the cul-de-sac with Rylan for a good long while. This is really his birthday present from us but if we wait until late June to give it to him, it will be too hot to ride until, oh, Christmas. We figure that we can just remind him on his actual birthday that he got a bike already, which we are certain will work on a 4 year old. Plan B is to give him a container of Daisy brand sour cream which he loves because the word "daisy" ends in the letter "y". That's honestly why he asked me to take this picture:

(As I am taking Rylan's Jello serving shot) : "Mommy! Can you take a picture of the red 'y'?! Mommy, Mommy! See the red 'y'?!"

(I take the picture -- thank you digital camera)

"Can I see the picture of the red 'y' ?"

(Now comparing actual tub of sour cream to image of sour cream on LCD screen, grinning widely): "That's 2 red 'ys'" (don't ask me how to punctuate multiples of a letter in quotation marks).

Anyway, when he was done advertising for Daisy, he mined all the chocolate chips out of his cookie and ate what was left. Who does that? That kid hates chocolate. And yes, he asked me to take this picture too.

Branik, on the other hand, loves cookies and all their components more than life itself. We can't even say the word around him or he goes totally ballistic -- running around the kitchen screeching "tooteee!!! tooteeeeee!!!" He loves them so much he used his to scoop up his grape Jello. Although to be fair, who wouldn't use a cookie as a utensil if given the opportunity?


Whew! I am all blogged out, but Happy Mother's Day to all the cute, fun, smart, talented, and wonderful moms I know. And I guess to the Ugly Moms too ;)

6 comments:

The Dille Family said...

Where have I been? I didn't know you started blogging until today when I got on Becca's and saw your comment! I can't wait to keep up on your life in Georgia and yes, your kids are growing up way too fast! I can't even imagine having helpers in the kitchen! Happy Mother's Day and we'll be keeping in touch!!

The Hills said...

Hilarious! So to admit, I'm one of your stalkers and love reading about fingers up noses, bowel movements, and chocolate chip avoiding kids. Just for the record, I avoid the chocolate chips too:) Your family looks happy and healthy, can't ask for much more than that. Happy Mother's day! Maren

Nicole said...

Maren -- you have lived with me so you do not qualify as a stalker:) Keep me posted on life as an Idaho dentist's wife...I'm counting down the next 2 years and then I'll join the club!

Courtney said...

Good as usual. Were you trying to reach a blogging length record? Don't get me wrong, loved the length, but Boone seriously allows you that much time to blog? Geez, I have such a short internet allowance that I've really learned to pack it all in in no time flat. Rylan is by far the most truthful six year old I know. Her description is hilarious. And Keaton looks only slightly happy on his bicycle. Too much fun! Good thing at least some of the country has nice enough weather to be outside.

Bastianclan said...

Nicole,
You crack me up. Your blog is so funny. I love reading it. Keaton you have a super cool bike. No Chocolate? wow!!! Humm what do you like? gummy worms I bet? The red Y is super cool... Guess what I have that Sour Cream too!!!
Tina

Anonymous said...

Ok Colie. I realize it's a bit of a delayed comment on this blog. But Mom and I were reading together (Mom eating her regular Pre-Bed bowl of Raisin Bran), and as soon as we hit your height described as 12', Mom promptly broke into hysteric laughter, spitting her milk on me in the process, which then made her laugh even harder, causing me to then laugh alongside her. You know how it all goes: we laughed for a good 10 minutes over it until we realized how tired we both are and decided to go to bed (but not before laughing one more time over the whole incident)! Love the post, as always!