Last weekend, Boone decided to take Ry and Keaton camping along with the male component of the Patterson family. We aren't brave (read "stupid") enough yet to try Branik in a tent with his sibs, so he and I stayed home. I am perfectly fine with this arrangement for as long as it holds.
Anyway, Ry and the boys drove about 30 minutes to Clarks Hill Lake for a quick overnighter, but you'd never have guessed it by looking at the car! I wish I would have taken pictures of the back of the Tahoe on the way out because they had enough gear to go to Mars. Even so, they stopped at McDonalds on the way out (because kids don't eat foil dinners, okay?) arrived to a totally empty campground, set up the tents, and went to lake.
Keaton spent most of his time doing this (throwing fistfuls of rocks into the water)...
Rylan spent the majority of her time like this...
When it started to get dark they headed back up to build a fire and make Smores. At about 10:30 when they were all sufficiently sick and sticky they called it a night (note the school bus and Harold on Keaton's pillow -- classic).
Boone reported that not much in the way of "sleeping" occurred -- it was more "laying quietly in tent" until Boone HAD to pee at 5:00 am (he's old). The kids were pretty much awake after that which meant Saturday was a recovery day for all of them (Keaton begged to go to bed at 11:00 am and crashed out for around 3 hours when they got home). I, on the other hand, got over 8 UNINTERRUPTED hours of sleep for the first time in I don't know how long. It was awesome.
Anyway, they got up early and had pancakes, because everyone knows that the only way to follow a McNugget and Smores dinner is with a boatload of maple syrup and juice the next morning!
Well, if you're me, you just say "Ummm, no." But I'm mean, and at the time I was still unconscious in my bed (tee-hee!) so you can guess what happened...
I suppose Branik and I will be joining them soon enough, and I will do my very best not to ruin all the fun by being the Mom. Although it looks to me like I probably should have been there for what appears to be Ian and Rylan's lakeside wedding...
3 comments:
I love the camping pictures! Boone is such a great dad to take them camping. Now that our kids are older, it sure would be cute to see them together! Jeb and Boone could take them camping while we go have a night on the town (or a quiet one watching chick flicks and ordering take-out :)). I wish you lived close!
Did I mention I love reading your blog? I get bits of you and your fun stories while being so far away.:) And your kids are so cute. Love, Becca
I wish that I could have been at the wedding too! And, since my child is half of the couple, I claim have of the target gift card receipts! Seriously, though, I love the pictures.
Between the camping trip and the hail storm, my weather geek husband who wishes he was a forest ranger instead of a dentist is going to be sad that we spent the week trying to pretend that we were having fun dragging three kids and all their crap to the beach.
It's one am Friday night and I'm waiting for the last load of laundry to put in the dryer. Ten minutes ago, I heard a funny noise in the hall and went to see what Hudson was doing up. Only it wasn't Hudson. It was some large strange man with a key to our front door. The next renters got their arrival date wrong, apparently, but it totally freaked me out! See you in a few days...
Post a Comment