Thursday, September 4, 2008

Not that anyone cares, but...

If I have to hear John McCain's biography* one more time I am going to slit my own throat.


SAY SOMETHING ELSE. WHAT IS YOUR PLAN FOR FIXING AMERICA?


*leaving out the part, of course, where he cheated on his first wife when she was disfigured and no longer pretty enough and ran off with Cindy. Oopsie!




P.S. This is my blog and I can say what I want.

I can't stand Palin.

I have forced myself to sit through all the GOP speeches (so nobody can accuse me of only listening to those I agree with), and hers was nasty, smug, condescending, and written by someone else before she was even selected. I didn't like Hillary Clinton either, but listening to Palin made my ears bleed.

For someone who claims to be a Washington outsider, she sure has got lying through her teeth down to a tee.

(I don't know how to turn comments off on one post or I would. I am not asking for anyone to agree with me because I know most of you who read my blog disagree. I don't want to fight with anyone about this, so if you think I am wrong or wicked or whatever, don't post a comment about it. I have left my differing opinions off of your posts in the interest of preserving relationships, and I hope you will do the same. Unless you agree with me, in which case POST AWAY!!!)

19 comments:

Emma said...

Nicole, you crack me up. Really crack me up. That's all I have to say.....

The Galan Family said...

Nicole, why don't you tell everyone how you REALLY feel! :) I love that you just lay it all out there and don't care what anyone thinks. You are keepin' it real. I am still not sure how I feel about either side. For me only time will tell.

Eric said...

Geez Nicole, why are you such a sexist hate-monger?

Nicole said...

I just can't help it Eric -- I hate women. And veterans, I hate them too.

A woman's place is in the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant as much as is humanly possible. Oh wait...

I must be a dude after all!

Anonymous said...

Shocking how the queen of sarcasm and biting remarks couldn't take it from the opposition... Man up, Colie!

I *heart* Palin!

Dawn said...

I'm more liberal, Jeff is not. I don't pay enought attention to some of the issues so I can't debate Jeff on them. So give me some good fighting grounds. He blames my beliefs on my dad (who is very democrat). He is so wrong. I think the other party is too narrow minded.

Nicole said...

I refuse to "man up" just because I am rude and sarcastic. I am not running for VP of the United States, and usually when I am ranting about something it's at least true.

The same can't be said for Palin, not that you can pin it all on her -- she probably doesn't know how much she lied since she didn't write what she said and has spent the last week "cramming" for her speech.

Okay, deep breaths. Must. Stop. Posting.

Stephanie said...

amen nicole, amen. keep fighting the fight :)

Anonymous said...

I have to say, it was fun to get you a little riled by telling you to "man up"... >D

What your reading audience may not realize from the shrill (heh-heh, I'm sure you remember the CNN discussion about that particular word...) far-left ranting you do on your blog (because, you know, it's YOUR blog) is that you're perfectly capable of having a reasonable, pleasant debate about politics with friends whose opinions lean more right-ward than yours, AS LONG AS they are reasonable and pleasant in return and believe you have every right to be a lefty (even if you're wrong >D there go those devil eyes again - I can't help stirring the pot because it might mean another hilarious post). I enjoyed our discussion last night. Dinner was fun. Wish we could fit that in every week.

Nicole said...

What can I say? I have mad tolerating skills for people who believe differently than me -- it comes from being a Democrat:)

Anna@Exasperation said...

Chrysta's sister here...yeah. I blogstalk AND I'm posting a comment. I think I remember seeing something on Maury Povich about that being "escalating." Who knows how scary this is going to get.
Anyway, I had to jump in because this is the first time I'm reading your blog and I'm enjoying that you're such a lefty. REally enjoying it. And really enjoying that you are sharing your truth and enlightenment with my sister:) Rock on, Nicole. Rock on. (Picture me with my fist in the air).
-Anna

Sara K. said...

Where oh where did my comment go? If it shows up, I apologize for the double comment.

That being said. I must set the record straight dear friend of my SIL. I'm flattered that you thought I was her Dem sister. I've been in this family so long I may as well be blood, besides I think they all like me better than their brother, right?

I'm a registered Republican, though moderate in my beliefs. I'm just not that political; I try to stay informed but lack the gusto to rally for anyone. The shannanigins in my party leave me with a bad taste in my mouth. Chrysta can have Palin, I'm voting for Obama. So, no need to hang your head in shame. You can fist pump on my blog any ol' time.

Sara

Anna@Exasperation said...

So after following a rather winding trail of blog comments I traced it back HERE. Good to know I can find out things about my family in the comments of your blog, Nicole. Thanks for bringing us all together. And I am so proud of Sara I could cry.

Boone said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nicole said...

I'm a uniter...wait...where have I heard that before?

Emma said...

So, I pretty much responded to both you and Chrysta on her blog. I really, really, really wish I could be around for the playgroup discussions this fall. Boy I'm missing out on a good time. You could always come here!!!!

Pilkington Family said...

Nicole, if it makes you feel any better, I know exactly how you feel when you watch McCain and Palin speak...its the same way I feel when I read your blog! (not megan)

Nicole said...

Then quit reading it.

Pilkington Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.