But before I do, I'll start with the one dark spot in the month -- our friends the Patterson's moved away and our whole family was (and still is) pretty bummed about that one. We all said our goodbye's and vowed to keep in touch, and Boone and I are looking at our calendar to plan a trip to Europe sometime in the next few years. Anyway, this was as they were leaving our house...
You'd think that a lifetime of moving around would have made it easier to say goodbye, but it hasn't. Sigh. Thanks goodness for my therapists, Ben and Jerry.
Okay, now onto the happy parts! My mom arrived a few days before Keaton's birthday and we stopped for dinner on the way back from Atlanta...
You'll just have to trust me that Keaton had a great day, and it looked like Thomas and Friends exploded all over our house when it was over.
Here is a blurry shot of him before blowing out his candles on his Harold the Helicopter cake -- I was nervous that he might freak out when we cut Harold into edible pieces, but he was fine with it and asked, "Can I eat Harold's face?"
After all the friends left, we pulled out one of his gifts -- an automatic bubble blower that he and Rylan played with for nearly an hour! It was great and they loved it!
We just sort of chilled the rest of the day and got ready to head out the next morning to Charleston with my Mom. When I get the rest of the photos from Keaton's birthday I will post more, but he really did have a happy day and loves to tell everyone now that he is 4 years old. We love you buddy!
1 comment:
Okay, this post is making me tear up. It still doesn't seem real that we're not coming back. Can you PLEASE email me those pictures?!?!
Post a Comment