Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"Hi, you've reached the Terry's..."

I figure everyone deserves an explanation about my phone habits in case you missed what I said in my "about me" section.

I HATE the phone. Hate answering it, double -- no, TRIPLE hate making a call. Seriously, I will email you back almost immediately if you leave me a voicemail, but if getting back to you requires an actual phone call, yikes. Don't hold your breath.

This being the case, when I stumbled across this post today I thought, "Oh. My. Gosh. I have a twin!". I don't plan on making a habit of poaching people's blog entries on a regular basis, but I am still exploring the blogosphere and am still frequently delighted to find strangers who sound like I do in my head.

(Read this and then come on back)

http://borrowedlight.blogspot.com/2007/11/my-nemesis-phone.html

I don't know what my deal is. Like the above blogger, it's not that I don't like talking (clearly) and I do love socializing with friends, but something about the phone just irritates me to no end. I don't think I really need to elaborate more, because I would just be re-stating everything from the other post, but I do just want to make sure all my friends know -- it's not you, it's me.

6 comments:

Cilka said...

I knew that about you...that's why it takes forever to get a call back!!!!

P.S. I'll call you tomorrow so we can have a LONG phone conversation. :)

Chrystapooh said...

I'm so glad we established this fact about each other right from the start and usually manage to communicate just fine through email and blog comments. We both know it's either drastic or severely time-sensitive if one of us calls the other. Thank you for that, my fellow phone-phobic friend...

Emma said...

So that's why you finally got caller id.....:)

Jana said...

I am so so SO SO like this too! I always wondered if there was anyone like me, and I didn't know how to explain. She did it perfectly!

Chrystapooh said...

Hmmm... so what happened to YOUR blogging testimony? Are you going inactive on me or what?

Emma said...

Ummmm....yeah.....where are you my supposedly internet addicted friend? :)