And so I blog. About nothing, really. My best work has always come when I am under serious pressure, so I'll be running around the house spraying and sweeping and dusting and vacuuming starting around, oh...let's say 8:30 -- which will give me 2 hours before they arrive. Plenty of time, especially if I drink 3 or 4 energy drinks with dinner.
Now that that's settled, let me show you our new pet:
Yep, that's an armadillo. I got used to seeing these in Texas, but I was kind of surprised to see them in Georgia. I was even more surprised to see one alive, since they usually decorate the sides of highways around here (and colorfully, I might add). We have at least two that live behind our back fence and come dig up bugs under the trampoline almost every evening. But yesterday this guy was chillin' in our front yard and was not at all concerned about our kids being close by.
They're actually sort of cute, in an "armored rat" kind of way, and they're faster than you'd think when they decide to get going. What was less cute was discovering that it located an ant hill in one of my front beds and decided to go for broke digging it up. I'm not partial to the ants, but I'm not so big on armadillos doing this to my flower beds either:
Yeah, so that's fun.
Also fun:
*Note to self -- clean that chair TWICE before in-laws arrive.
Sigh. I guess I should really go try to do something productive, like shower. I don't have the energy to write about how swimming lessons are going, so I guess I'm done. I wasted a good hour on this post (picture uploads people, picture uploads) which I will consider another success in the "putting off the inevitable" area of my life.
Any suggestions for armadillo names?
7 comments:
Fred?
How long do you think it will take for that Crystal Light to wear off? I'm guessing 3am at the earliest. Any takers????
Oh, did you put that Crystal light with caffeine in it in your water? Um... that stuff was like crack when I drank it... I shook all night long and into the next day... so "pooh" may be right...
Love the mickey ears on Branik by the way.
Just a random person passing by...
I want a pet armadillo.
Thats sa-weet! You should name him Cletus.
Ok. I'm a dork. I've been here before. {{hidding head in shame}}
I have 2 extra seats saved for you... by the A/C in hell.
I thought moles and bunnies were crazy. Love the armadillo! Mason would name him Beeg?
I too love the ears on Branik! Very cute! I don't have a problem with Jordan taking things off, in fact that is the problem, he won't even take off his stuff to go to the bathroom, so he walks around...until I make him change, with a big wet spot on front of his shorts! Aren't kids fun! They keep us on our toes for sure! Love your blog!
Still lovin' your blog!! I just thought I would get on and wish you a Happy Birthday (on your actual birthday in case you are reading this late). I hope your day is fabulous and enjoy one more year in your twenties!
Love, Becca
Post a Comment