OK, it's a Target receipt with today's date. The day ends in "y", so what's the big deal? Look closer...
Those first 4 items you see are SHOES. Not individual shoes, but PAIRS! Yeah that's right -- I got 4 pairs of shoes for my kids for $3.24 a piece today (okay, 1 pair was $3.74, but still...) And yes, I really photographed my Target receipt (twice) to prove it.
I don't care if they fall apart after the first week for that price. No. Let me rephrase -- I wouldn't feel slighted if they had started to biodegrade in the car on the way home for that price. I spent quite a bit more than that on shoes for my kids in June, and the little snots already outgrew them. Don't worry, I've already cut them off of their vitamins and banned any food that has nutritional value, so that should slow things down a bit. In fact, if you really study my receipt, you will notice the last 4 items say "Haribo -- 4@ 0.69 ea." Yep, those are gummy bears, or as we are now calling them at our house, "dinner".
But the REAL news here -- the thing that has Boone reeling --would be that teeny tiny number at the bottom of the receipt.
$17.24
Make that $17.24
Oh. My. Holy. Freaking. Crapness. I went to Target and spent a measly $17.24?!?
Now calm down -- I know this goes against everything you know -- all the constants in your life, but I will make this up to you with a colossal shopping trip in the near future and harmony will once again return to the Universe.
This is my pledge.
10 comments:
When you go, can I go with you???
Me too?!?! I don't have a Target....I'm definitely impressed at your shopping prowess. There's a kind of high that accompanies getting a really good deal, don't you think? Two words - wii and outlets!
I have no idea how i found you... but i saw that you "liked obama before he was cool to like"... yeah. Me too. I actually voted for him when he ran for congress in Illinois. Nice to meet a fellow mormon democrat.
I'm saving seats by the A/C in hell... want one?
Sounds good, but I'll be needing two seats -- heaven help us if my dear husband ever publishes HIS political views.
I thought Target had a policy you couldn't spend less than $50.00?? At least that's what I tell Scott!!!! (Don't tell him the truth) :)
Holy Cow Nicole! I'm impressed. you sound like me. I love to get good deals. I always have to tell everyone what a great deal I got and how much I paid for it. Target is one of my favorite places to shop, for those great deals that you have to be lucky enough to be there for. Kudos to you girl! Call me next time you find something like that!!! :)
i love target. that is by far the best deal i have ever seen.
You know how the bank calls you to verify purchases if they start to become rather large and frequent? WELL... I'm sure such a low Target ticket is going to automatically spit you out and someone will be looking into a call wondering if you've lost your mind... when they see Mastercard transactions come through with the name Nicole Terry on them... the corporate office must cheer for joy. Expect a phone call... and soon.
P.S. Yes, Cilka, target DOES have a $50 cover charge, just like Costco has $100 cover charge... don't let the husbands forget it.
The first thing I thought when I saw your receipt was "How do you go to Target and only spend $17?" Very impressive.
Your kids don't need shoes! Who walks around naked from the waist down with shoes on?
Ok, you should really call me the next time you find shoes for under $4.00. Well, I read the above post about your phone aversion...at least email me.
Post a Comment